Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Isolate or let them come?

Old
Isolate or let them come? - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 06:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
This is a 1.50 STT
Its only hand 16 but Carry was agressive and Semi loose
Snupiz tight and passive
Cristiankan Nitty tight and agressive
Grade B nitty and agressive
But christiankan just blew nearly half his stack with (one piar maby 2 pair) giving up when 4th flush card came on river (no show down ) so could have been on tilt.

I reraised to Isolate, I thought both blinds capible of folding with 2 tightest players in the pot.

but with QQ should I have flatted and let them in?

Grade b

(note thats the american nitty to mean tight - not the europian nit to mean not got a clue)

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I like the isolation raise. The only way the blinds come along is with a real hand and if you do end up 3 or 4 handed, then you want them to all have Ax.... compromising their outs.

Letting people come into the hand with QQ, espciallly if they're loose and will play any A or even K... would let someone else into the pot that can outdraw you with 1 card. That's what you don't want.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Shoving and calling of the villain are pretty much going to get the same reaction at this point from the player behind you. They think they got the nuts and are throwing it in.
Your not folding once you have called the shortstack it would just be a real hard time coming back in these with that little of chips.

These STTs I play very tight,almost folding everything the first 30 hands.
It cuts down on the bad beats that you can catch real easy in these.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Your not really protecting when calling the shortstack is going to leave you crippled.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 08:47 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Shoving and calling of the villain are pretty much going to get the same reaction at this point from the player behind you. They think they got the nuts and are throwing it in.
Your not folding once you have called the shortstack it would just be a real hard time coming back in these with that little of chips.

These STTs I play very tight,almost folding everything the first 30 hands.
It cuts down on the bad beats that you can catch real easy in these.
I tend to play tight in these too, maybe not folding everything but tight.

However this is where us beginners with less knowledge that you guys can get tripped up and confused.

Is not folding everything not playing the odds? or more specfic ignoeing the +ev hands?

Grade b

(ps add my weekly sorry for the spelling here.)

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
what no ace on the riv...how disappointing!!!

like the raise b ...but any a or k is danger ...and when the blocker shows ..double so.....still all in all i like the play .... good result cheers....never let em draw 4 free

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 01:36 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Looks good to me. Rejamming looks weaker than just calling, so you can get hands like AQ, JJ, etc. to come along. Calling looks like AA/KK.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com