Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

tournament play late just b4 money

Old
Thumbs up
tournament play late just b4 money - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 11:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
im sitting in the money 20 or 30 spots away in a tourbo tourney and get qq in my blind.

blind are 12.5 and 25 000 I have 250 000 ss has 53000 sb has me covered but not buy much.

ss makes it 50g to go sb pushes, im new to the table.

I called ss has aqsd sb has a9ss should i make that call that close to the money its happened 3 times not that i get put out buy a much worse hand? I know the odds are hugely in my favor after the flop and figure to have the best hand pre flop the vast majority of the time.
But that close to the money should i be making that call?

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 11:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum since involves hand analysis JWK24 ***

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 11:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It'd be alot better if you were isolated against the short stack, but you only have 10BB left.... so with QQ and 10BB, I'm making the call everytime on that one. Yes, you'll lose some and not cash, but the chips that you'll gain to be able to make a deeper run in the tourney when you win make it well worth the call.

When you get to 10BB or less in a tourney like that, you want to shove every premium hand that you can... to get chips for a deep run in them.

Remember that you want to follow good bankroll management in them... which will make you worry less about just getting a min cash. If you don't get cards, then take the min cash... if you get them, then go for it and try to build a big stack for a deep tourney run.

GL at the tables and welcome to the forum

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Snap call unless you KNOW that SB is a nit who only has QQ+ here. You have a chance to better than double up with a super hand that's way ahead of both their ranges here. Don't be results-oriented.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com