Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

May i suggest

Old
May i suggest - Sun Nov 27, 2011, 04:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Hi folks,
I have only been a pso member for a short time but when i post a hand for eval the feedback comes from both pso staff and pso members well if anyone reading this has looked at my hands posted for eval this can get quiete tricky, members have different opinions than the pso staff, and when you are trying to figure out your game this can get confusing, so the short of it why not limit replies on hand evalutions to mods/pso staff only, there is plenty more places in the forums for members to chat and debate.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
We all get to share our oppinion and learn from it. Members can post what they think and the reviewers can reply to that as well.

If member cant post in the hand evaluation replies anymore, the forum would problaby be dead.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 06:03 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
We all get to share our oppinion and learn from it. Members can post what they think and the reviewers can reply to that as well.

If member cant post in the hand evaluation replies anymore, the forum would problaby be dead.

i understand what you are saying Tiber, i just think it would be more help to new members(less confusing)

BTW hope your luck changes at the tables soon gl dude

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 07:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Well the new members should be able to ask questions that are unclear to them in the same topic as well

Won some dollars yesterday at the cash table so im ok.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 07:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
I agree with Tiber -

The Hand Analysis Forum is part of the Education Forum which is part of the Forum which is all open to all members as a Forum.

I used the word Forum a lot there, to emphasise that this is a communal area, NOT a private service for an individual member. We can all read and participate in any Hand Analysis so we get to learn from each others hands and each others comments. It won't take a new member long to work out who the most experienced and valid contributors are. If you go to the Hand Analysis Forum it even tells you who completed the 'official' Hand Analysis.

The other thing to remember is that PSO Staff may have different opinions to each other, as well as the members, as usually there is no one perfectly 'correct' or 'optimal' way to play any given hand.

And the PSO Staff are also Members, the distinction between those members that choose not to work for the site and those that do is not so clear cut.

I hope you keep posting your interesting hands and difficult decision spots and continue to learn from all the Hand Analysis Forum threads have to offer.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 09:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Good information comes from many sources. Some "official" responses may not fit your style. A variety of opinions also fosters discussion which benefits many that may never post in a forum but frequently read. Through discussion you can explore the subtle differences in various approaches.

So there are lots of reasons to keep this an open response forum.

Read them all but keep what works best for you.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
As Joe said,

There are many ways to play this game correctly and you should place good value in receiving various replies about your play for this will show some of the many ways you could play it

Since we are referring to new players this is especially good because as a new player learning the game you need to find which style of poker best fits you and this can be done by selecting which advice best suites to your ability and personality.

There are actually very few wrong answers just a lot of bad interpretations.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree TJ.
There are sometimes alot of correct or alot of wrong things that you can do in a hand. If there were only 1 way to play everything, then it would be different, but that's not the case.

Each person also has their own particular style and how they'd handle them too.

Getting and seeing multiple ways for each will let you be able to learn things from all of them, that you can then apply to your game in the future. Sometimes you'll use everything from one person's approach, sometimes you'll use bits and pieces from multiple people and combine them.

Without the different opinions, you wouldn't be able to do that.

Old
Thumbs up
What he said,,,, - Sun Nov 27, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I agree TJ.
There are sometimes alot of correct or alot of wrong things that you can do in a hand. If there were only 1 way to play everything, then it would be different, but that's not the case.

Each person also has their own particular style and how they'd handle them too.

Getting and seeing multiple ways for each will let you be able to learn things from all of them, that you can then apply to your game in the future. Sometimes you'll use everything from one person's approach, sometimes you'll use bits and pieces from multiple people and combine them.

Without the different opinions, you wouldn't be able to do that.

I agree with this,,,,,as this is what I do,,,,listen to everything,,,,,,think about everyones point of view,,,,and then combine and put into yr game,,,,,,, its the same thing Dwan did,,,,emulated the best of players and combined things into his own game,,,,,,,, to become HImself,,,,
and yes you will find out fast who the gurus are on here,,,,,they all becoming mods,,,,

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwicksy View Post
and yes you will find out fast who the gurus are on here,,,,,they all becoming mods,,,,
No, they're not. Not even close.

I get what you're saying PokerPest but everyone else is right, the whole point of Hand Analysis is to foster open discussion about the play of hands. We have players of many different skill levels here and having all that input is beneficial to hand discussions. The forum has official hand analyzers (myself, JDean, JWK, oriholic) but obviously we also do not agree on certain hands and spots as well sometimes. It's the readers job to absorb what's being said and sort out the good advice from the bad... I can appreciate that this is a difficult task for new poker players (we were all new players once faced with this same task), but this is part of the growth process.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 07:56 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Thanks guys for all the replies, i feel settled in to the forums now and find all advise interesting, my perception of this topic has changed now 100% from when i first joined

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com