Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

150 vpp

Old
150 vpp - Sun Nov 27, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
What's the best way to get it, and how much should it cost?

And let's keep the risk low, no PLO, no No-Limit Holdem.

Last edited by CorkiePoker; Sun Nov 27, 2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
So.......
What exactly do you want to play?
What do you mean by keep the risk low?
What is your bankroll?
Why is your goal VPP's?

But how much should it cost? the real answer should be "nothing"

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkiePoker View Post

The best way to get VPPS is to multi-table cash games, play as many tables as you possibly can to where you feel comfortable(eg. 4tables, 6tables or10tables+)

As for how much it will cost you to obtain 150VPPS, it entirely depends on how well you run during your pursuit of 150VPPS.

Since you are not considering PLO and NLHE as your primary source of obtaining VPPS, I'd suggest multi-tabling LHE, I don't know what stakes or game you play or the amount of tables you play during each session, but if you let me know I could give you a brief overview of how many VPPS you could possibly obtain per hour at your game/stake(eg. LHE 2/4c, 5/10c etc..)

Food for thought, The biggest risk is not taking any risk at all!

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkiePoker View Post

Corkie,

I've been at tables with you a few times, and I have you noted as a decent player not to get too involved with unless I have a strong holding. I also spotted how high you were up in the Premier League standings and wish you well for the rest of this month.

I did not notice you only had the 20+VPPs. Seriously, 150+VPPs is not at all difficult or expensive, and do not discount PLO8 or NLHE cash games. From what I have seen, your game is good enough to play cash games at AT LEAST break even, and when you break even VPPs are FREE.

For myself, I would be willing to 'spend' $20 a month getting VPPs (if I was on a losing streak) to get the minimum prize boost in the Premier League, thinking of it as an investment in case I made top prize places. 150VPPs is only 5 per day, and I play PLO8 for a VPP boost when I am behind that target, it is fast (I have often made 30+VPPs per day over a 2hr multitabling session)

If you need to stick to what you know, FL Hold Em cash is supposed to be quite good. The risk in PLO8 might be higher, but it is to my mind more quantifiable and manageable.

You are obviously going to requalify for the Premier League, so I hope you are going to get the 150+VPPs for next month and perform just as well then.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh EdinFreeMan

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com