Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Nanonoko Takes Down APPT Macau Main Event

Old
Nanonoko Takes Down APPT Macau Main Event - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
http://www.pokerstarsblog.net/appt/2...ew-088879.html

Congrats Dude!

Last edited by pokerstar671; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 01:02 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 01:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 01:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
+1000

great job congrats!

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 03:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Have you seen this guy's cash game profits? Its Insane

http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/nanonoko/

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Great player. Better ambassador for the sport. This is well deserved.

Two key things in the little video at the bottom of the page struck me...

1. When asked how he did it his answer..."Mostly I just played solid. Tight."

2. Again with the being in position for lightning/luck/fate--whatever you want to call it to wink at you and throw you it's blessings is the key. He shoves QQ into AA and binks a Q. You simple are not going to have a super deep run,much less win a MTT,without getting a couple of those or more along the way. The skill is in not making a habit of needing a lot of help like that and being consistent enough to get in a spot where if it does happen you get a big reward for it.

Even as great as Randy is he needs to bink here and there as well.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:22 AM
(#6)
I looked at the chip counts yesterday before the final 9 (i think it was 9) began play and Mr. Lew was 9 of 9.

Way to fight for it nanonoko.

Last edited by annie_22at90; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Good stuff he is good for the game. Always thought he only played cash games. For the amount off time and effort he puts in he deserves it.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Nanonoko, the ultimate NLHE multi table online grinder
Congrats on the huge score of HKD$3,772,000 
(US$483,000)!!!!

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
Check out this film of Randy Lew aka nanonoko!!!

I AM NANONOKO - A Short Film by PokerStars Team Online (HD)
http://youtu.be/2QzhQIOFNhU

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
5 million hands cash tables $2.000.000 profit.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#11)
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, congrats!!

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
Congrats

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
Certainly a well deserved win. And has already been said -- a little run good at the right time is always needed for a big win.

Mega kudos to Randy.

What galls me, when all the hoopla is done, is that Randy and other honorable folks are not allowed to play on line in their own nation. Just something to ponder.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
(#14)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore 59 View Post
What galls me, when all the hoopla is done, is that Randy and other honorable folks are not allowed to play on line in their own nation. Just something to ponder.
Congrats, Randy! Good to see a PokerStars legend take it all down.

Fillmore, am I missing something? Randy lives in Vancouver, Canada and Canucks are allowed to play online. In his home province of British Columbia, he can even play on the provincial poker site. But let's not lose him from Stars. He is a great ambassador.

Another Stars Pro, Daniel Negreanu recently returned to Toronto to get back into cash games on Stars.

Either this clarifies a misunderstanding or there is something about Randy Lew that I don't know - and would welcome any insights.

As for US players not being able to play online - I miss all of you and hope to see you back on Stars tables real soon.

Herk

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:42 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkstwin View Post
Congrats, Randy! Good to see a PokerStars legend take it all down.

Fillmore, am I missing something? Randy lives in Vancouver, Canada and Canucks are allowed to play online. In his home province of British Columbia, he can even play on the provincial poker site. But let's not lose him from Stars. He is a great ambassador.

Another Stars Pro, Daniel Negreanu recently returned to Toronto to get back into cash games on Stars.

Either this clarifies a misunderstanding or there is something about Randy Lew that I don't know - and would welcome any insights.

As for US players not being able to play online - I miss all of you and hope to see you back on Stars tables real soon.

Herk
Randy moved to Canada after Black Friday.

Congrats to Randy, a great contributor to PSO.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 08:51 AM
(#16)
I watched his tweets until he made FT and was short. To see him win this and a cash player do it is awesome.

Gidee Up!

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 09:47 AM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Randy Lew is 100% American. Happy for him and his win. Kudos man, you certainly had the big one coming at some point!

Have to admit I am really jealous of Randy though. Moving to Canada, playing on Pokerstars every day, and traveling to Macau(gambling capital of world) to play poker!!!!

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Randy moved to Canada after Black Friday.

Congrats to Randy, a great contributor to PSO.
Thanks for the updates, Dan and Rocker. Smart move on his part. I dream of some day having the bankroll necessary to sit down with him at just one of his tables.

Herk

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 07:20 AM
(#19)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Supernova
Thanks everyone for the warm congratulations! Always great to know that there are people rooting for me around the world! For the user who spoke about needing some luck, it is true, you do need a little bit of luck to win a big tournament like this. The key is to play your A-Game and in the long-run hope that your +ev decisions payoff compared to other players decision. It's likely why you don't see the same player winning every single tournament they enter. There was actually only one time throughout the tournament that I can recall in which I got it all-in in very bad shape and that was when I was very short w/ QQ vs AA at the final table. That is the good thing about deepstack tournaments. You don't need to get it in all-in as often. Regardless, I thought I played very well and did not make any huge mistakes and as soon as I doubled up w/ QQ vs AA. I played my game which I think is solid and by solid, I mean making decisions I felt were optimal or better than my opponents.

Thanks again!
Randy Lew

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 07:25 AM
(#20)
Wow

What a class act

cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com