Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Game Changes

Old
Game Changes - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Since I joined the poker school online I have seen improvement in the way I play.
So my question;
Have you seen changes in your game after joining the Poker School Online?

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 05:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
Yes I did and im very happy about it.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 05:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarket View Post
Since I joined the poker school online I have seen improvement in the way I play.
So my question;
Have you seen changes in your game after joining the Poker School Online?
Absolutely, I was just talking to a mate down the local club last week who plays only Live. He said that it took him 4 years of live play to learn what I've learned in 2 months here at PSO.

Raiser

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
This has been the longest time I haven't gone bust. I used to deposit every Friday after work! Start off October was my last deposit so yeah this place does help.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:13 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I'm thinking the biggest improvement for me with the school is learning the definition of a good hand. When I first came, I thought any hand having an ace was golden. I believed one either folded or went all-in. Give me two cards suited and I went to the river without hesitation. Had the bad luck to win consistently for the first month doing that. When reality hit, I couldn't understand why my hands lost.

Pokerschool taught me better. Now I'm a more consistent player. Note that I didn't say "winner" in that last sentence. Until Black Friday, the lessons made it possible to profit from this game. It might have been laughable to those heavy-hitters who played ten or more tables, but it gave me satisfaction.

How I miss playing for those pennies.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It's changed my game and I'm still learning alot from it. All I need to do is to look at my bankroll numbers to tell that it has paid off ALOT.
More patience, using position, notes, etc, etc... lots to learn here that will greatly help your game... and your bottom line

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
What the pso and the forum has done for me.......hiccup

Where do l start........

Well l been playing for years, really thought l knew the game, but the past year and a bit l have learned a ton, and still learning,

It's the help you get from other members, just ask,

The ongoing training that's here,

The ongoing promo's

And yes the staff that work at improving the pso and the forum, this takes time peeps,

How about the friends l have made here, and the two live events that l got to meet some of you,

This is my 1st forum and poker school l've been a part of, and my last.

There's nothing like it,

cheers all........hiccup

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Yes its changed me into a losing player after being a prolific winner before i joined lol i dont blame PSO i did change my strategy to 2.4xing and keeping pots small where before i was always raising 3 to 5x betting pots getting involved big pots and chipping up.
I suppose if i put my mind to it i could be a winner in sngs if i stuck to same buy in but im not really interested in grinding it out i prefer the big wins in GTDS and i will get there eventually just gotta lose a little to win alot every now and then.Roll on December and roll on micro GTDS some big wins coming and i'm gonna fix my mtt God awful stats on here!Just need win 1 micro and im over the hump to play my preferred level.Tourney play is alot different these days need find away to adjust accordingly certainly so far just cant figure out the micros maybe u just need be a lucksack and wait for the lucky day to come, u not gonna beat 4k players on an on going basis like!

Last edited by MEVpaul; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
I guess it improves my game 100% specially in Open League. I used to play 4-5 pages and still not made it. But now i cut it to half. But still watching the ranking to make sure i don't need to play another session.

@roomik17 - No more Q6 off suit shoving...

May i ask is all the video in the Library is free to download?
I planning to download it and transfer it in my android to watch it a couple of times to really learn the lessons.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
May i ask is all the video in the Library is free to download?
I planning to download it and transfer it in my android to watch it a couple of times to really learn the lessons.
You don't download them, you watch from the videos tab above. Most of the videos are available to all, but some of them from the pros take a given VPP level to view. Some are 20VPP, some are 150VPP.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:56 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
You don't download them, you watch from the videos tab above. Most of the videos are available to all, but some of them from the pros take a given VPP level to view. Some are 20VPP, some are 150VPP.
Thanks JWK24. It means i had to be online always.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
I think my game changes every time I watch a new training video - I love trying out new ideas. This sometimes doesn't work in the short term, but in the long term I believe I'm becoming a better player.

IMO PSO is a wonderful place to learn about all the finer points of poker, I'm constantly amazed that this resource is free!!

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
Some vids work great on my driod(like) others not so much. I believe it has to do with what flashplayer you're using. I use (for now) adobe 10.3 I believe. If you find one that works for most or all vids, post it here. That info would be great. I've also contacted sjpport reguarding this and they suggest using a desktop as thats what this site is designed for. They also say they are working on an app. Here's hopin' soon... GL , MT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com