Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

client issues

Old
client issues - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Hi guys is there anyway of editing the servers i connect to in poker stars i,m having some right bad connection issues and bad timing normally on a hand i want to play i come back to the table sitting out i cannot blame my internet sp i have 100mb broadband some days my client runs fine other days its just horrid past 3 days have been a nightmare.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
My only suggestion is to contact Pokerstars support.

Go to the help tab in the the main lobby of the Pokerstar's client and select contact support.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
Are there more people using the internet at your home? for example streaming a match of some sort can really screw up your broadband.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
Are there more people using the internet at your home? for example streaming a match of some sort can really screw up your broadband.

No Tiber just me dude at the time, yes there is 3 users on my broadband but theres only me that streams a match

when i check my network staus all the servers are at 100% then i click report to make a log file and they all go mad and drop off then i loose connections on 4 of the 6 servers, im going to upload this to stars support see if they can help me

Thanks guys

ive ran an array of tests on pingtest.net and have 0% packet loss and a grade A internet rating so it makes little sense to me

Last edited by PokerPest72; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: update

Old
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
This stuff is complicated and can be unique to your connection for various reasons. The log files that you send include data that should help a PokerStars staff member diagnose the issue and help with solutions.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Internet connections are rigged

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostMichaeJO View Post
This stuff is complicated and can be unique to your connection for various reasons. The log files that you send include data that should help a PokerStars staff member diagnose the issue and help with solutions.
hi Mike

I have done this several times for a variety of reasons but I always get the same form response from Stars Support Team

run an anti-virus (they actually suggest two anti-virus's)
Download and run C-Clean to clean out my obviously cluttered computer
and then when these things don't work you get to finish it off by un-installing the client and then re-install Pokerstars

the last time I got this response was when the home game lobbies wouldn't show any tourneys

I sent an E-mail to them asking what is the problem with the lobbies and what kind of time frame should they expect it to be fixed
That e-mail also contained the log files for I have learned that any technical problem or question e-mailed should contain the log files

they sent the form response to me saying it must be my fault and that they detect no problem

I later learned that it was happening to others and two of my club members only had the problem while being a member of the club
After they resigned the problem disappeared

needless to say it is very frustrating to ask for help when you always get the same response back which in some cases has nothing to do with the problem
It is as if they don't read your e-mail at all until the 2nd or 3rd time you send one

So my question is:

What's the point of asking support for help if they will make it obvious to even the simplest of minds that they don't care and most likely never read your e-mail to begin with?

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 09:51 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
last night i ran the client in compatability mode for xp sp3 becuase i run win7 64bit, and so far so good 0 network errors, the support team sent me an email asking for my rig specs and so on but did,nt see the point of responding to that being as i have 12 gig ram in an i7 system and a killer network card where i can assign bandwith priority and poker stars always gets prioity 1, its not my rig and its not my 100mb broadband, its not my security i run kaspersky internet suite, i will keep an eye on how my network acts in this comptabtabilty mode if it sorts it after a couple of good days testing i will report back.

Joker running 2 antivirus programs is just bad advise, no antivirus company would tell you to do this as the 2 softwares may very likely conflict, do not take that advise off them its bad, i build and repair computers for a living.

Last edited by PokerPest72; Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: reply to joker

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post

Joker running 2 antivirus programs is just bad advise, no antivirus company would tell you to do this as the 2 softwares may very likely conflict, do not take that advise off them its bad, i build and repair computers for a living.
I'll 2nd that. Running, or even having more than 1 on a computer will cause a ton of conflicts. As long as you have one good virus program running (and more importantly, UP TO DATE), you will be OK.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 06:46 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
heres an update for u, i did a network test and sent my logs to pokerstars support they replied saying its not just us its your router aswell, so this got me thinking and after some head scratching i found the problem, the problem was the isp techs who fitted my last 2 cable modems never bothered to change the power supply and upon some investigation i found out the new modems require a 360m/a power supply the one i was using was 140 m/a basically not powerfull enough to run my new hardware so ive got it sorted now my router shows 0 errors in pokerstars trace, im still losing packets off pokerstars but its defo alot better than it used to be .

But poker stars said and i quote "its not just us" so atleast they are aware its not just on the users end.

Last edited by PokerPest72; Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: typos

Old
Wink
Same problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 - Sat Dec 03, 2011, 09:25 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2011
Hi guys just was about to post a thread on same problem i was holding a full house with kings lost connection argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would have won hand tripled my chips hand later went out argh had no choice or would have been blinded out hate this cost me points just glad did not happen in money game happened twice before holding queens and aq with straight not cost me money yet but bit cross i always have full connection so it puzzles me gone through all my software maybe conflicts looked at my virus software nothing no problem !!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is pokerstars software !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Consiparacy with the aliens from mars to win the poker crown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 07:18 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by divabrae View Post
Hi guys just was about to post a thread on same problem i was holding a full house with kings lost connection argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would have won hand tripled my chips hand later went out argh had no choice or would have been blinded out hate this cost me points just glad did not happen in money game happened twice before holding queens and aq with straight not cost me money yet but bit cross i always have full connection so it puzzles me gone through all my software maybe conflicts looked at my virus software nothing no problem !!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is pokerstars software !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Consiparacy with the aliens from mars to win the poker crown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

I,ve just posted a new topic called i need help u might want to read that m8.Something is not right if it happens once or twice yeah it might be a bout of extremely bad luck but if it keeps happening and u have ruled out it being your own network then whats causing it?

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Div email support with the HH and they usualy will credit you your equity in the hand... if it was a cash game... not sure about tourneys though

Last edited by roomik17; Fri Dec 09, 2011 at 08:13 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Yes i have contacted pokerstars support again with my findings, and they are, the problem is the pokerstars client, not my network, not my pc.

I,ll now show u how i came to that conclusion.
I started to run my own trace on the ip,s that the pokerstars client uses in its tracing software, i did this through cmd prompt running each test for 60 cycles ping /n 60 followed by ip adress.
the results on all servers were packets sent 60 packets recieved 60 even the ones over the other side of the world 0 packet loss, well this told me alot i ran the same test using pokerstars client and was losing packets everywhere according to that software, so removing the pokerstars client between the pathway is 100% stable so its the pokerstars client itself thats causing my network issues.This fact cannot be argued so any1 having network issues try it for yourself, you will see I,m bang on here.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
I had a similiar problem a while ago. The cable company changed frequencies and I had an old frequency filter in the box on the side of the house. They replaced the filter with a new one that can handle all their current frequencies: problem solved. For some reason Pokerstars was the only site I had any problems with. They must be doing something quite unusual.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 06:33 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

I keep getting disconnected when in a hand or wanna raise. This has pissed me off so much i have just jammed on 4 tables ($4.50 180 man $1.50 90 knockout $2.50 90 knockout $1 45 man)

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 07:12 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
I feel your pain dude i dont jam though i just come off, but my bro has this happen to him with aces, no wonder the guy tilts lol.

Has for that filter in the outside box i,ll look into that nice 1, from what i can tell all my frequency readings are correct though, and i have tried adding my own filter to bring the snr down a little but still well within the correct db level, i have tried the other way aswell less filters and into the +db range and still no joy, but i will check with my isp to see if the filter outside might need changing.

Old
ahahah always - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 03:33 AM
(#18)
m.bisland hi thats the norm for me,disconnected in 200k tourney with aa when was running well and some one shoved i was on the bb,grrr,flopped full house in big mttt and got disconected wen some1 had shovd grrrr.posted a complaint on ere and why i think it happens and post was instantly removed says it all to me.i have sat tight and played well with no tilt of lately stuck to bankroll management,built up double my stack size to have it bad beat away or constant coolered,hmmm annoying its like they dont want the good our internet explorer players winning and putting a challenge for the title,best thing try your internet explorer wen u disconnect and i bet it still works,and the stranger one been disconnected on one table and the other 1 still runs hmmmm

Old
Sun Dec 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Update, replaced my splitter in the outside box 2 times, tried 2 different new ones i,m getting the correct db levels in my modem but still has not fixed the problem so thats another thing ruled out.
I still managed a cash last night in a 40000+ player torney class of 2010 i finished 600 and something with a fare few network errors, so the gremlins still cant stop me

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com