Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

freerolls and FPP tourneys

Old
freerolls and FPP tourneys - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I don't take freerolls very serious and barley even try in them. I need some advice on how to turn this around. Also I have a fair few FPP I only ever use when I go bust. What's the best way to use these as I would really like to turn them into cash. Any ideas advice would be much appreciated.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
well what i did is buy-in in the 50 fpp sat for the 10A sunday million.

went up from 50 -> 215 -> 2150, just 1 more till i made the 215$ buy-in for 10A sunday mill

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
There's a UK freeroll for this every night I will be attending this

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#4)
Theres a game under vip>bronze $70k sattie. 70 fpps unreg for 11 bucks handy way to build up bucks with your fpps. Hope this helps. HAPPY.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:08 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
Theres a game under vip>bronze $70k sattie. 70 fpps unreg for 11 bucks handy way to build up bucks with your fpps. Hope this helps. HAPPY.
So if I register with FPP then unregister I will have $11. Lol every little helps.
I'll try it when I'm finished work thanks happy.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Spend a little time exploring the site. I understand there are several tabs that are devoted to the player who uses FPP. Now I'll be the first to say I'm not a fan of the selection for bronze, but the games offerred might appeal to you. If you can reach silver, which is just double the 150 VPPS needed for the school, your options expand. So check out both levels and see what appeals.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
So if I register with FPP then unregister I will have $11. Lol every little helps.
Or if you prefer a single table format, under Sit & Go, 70 fpp 10 player Sunday Storm satty for $11 t$.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
I don't take freerolls very serious and barley even try in them. I need some advice on how to turn this around. Also I have a fair few FPP I only ever use when I go bust. What's the best way to use these as I would really like to turn them into cash. Any ideas advice would be much appreciated.
Advice on how to turn around the freerolls - I'm sure trying would help. I know what you mean though, as they are free, the incentive to play your best is low, especially with all the other bad play that goes on all around you. To get over this mental attitude, I set myself challenges. When I first started learning all the various games through the astronomer freerolls, I used to challenge myself to beat my monthly score for tournament leaderboard points. That gave me an incentive not to get donked out early, and I ended up winning lots of WR2 tickets, far more than I could use at the 2 available tournaments a week.

To use my FPPs I currently like the Saturday Splash Satellites 2FPP+Rebuy+Add-on. In October I played 6, cashed in 4, total cost 68FPPs, T-money won $8.88. I have only cashed once from 4 played this month, but that is still $2.22 for 40FPPs.

BTW the question about using FPPs has been asked a few times, if you search the forums I am sure you will find other players favourite games to use them in.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
If you can reach silver, which is just double the 150 VPPS needed for the school, your options expand. So check out both levels and see what appeals.
?? I was under the impression you needed to earn 750 vpp in a month to reach silver?

I'm also interested in how best to used FPPs, currently I probably earn on average just over 20fpps a month so realistically I don't have a chance of qualifying for any of the rakeback bonuses, even in a year that means I'd only earn 240 vpps.

Still I now have about 70fpps that I'm not using.. would like to know which tourneys are the best investment

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Spend a little time exploring the site. I understand there are several tabs that are devoted to the player who uses FPP. Now I'll be the first to say I'm not a fan of the selection for bronze, but the games offerred might appeal to you. If you can reach silver, which is just double the 150 VPPS needed for the school, your options expand. So check out both levels and see what appeals.
I remeber you from the old pso used to be seated often on the same table. Looking back at my very 1st post u was the 1st reply. Do u remember my j10 hand flop come jj10 I check guy shoves I call he shows jq turn card is a q. That was the 1st hand in a pso match lol.

Good to see your still giving advice here even tho u can't play for real money.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:42 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Maybe I confused the recent promotion the site had that gave everyone a bonus to reach the higher levels. Since I'm American, I must admit I have not checked since Black Friday. I'm probably wrong on the points needed for silver, but it is the next level up and worth checking if your play gets you near that level.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:42 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcrockpot View Post
?? I was under the impression you needed to earn 750 vpp in a month to reach silver?

I'm also interested in how best to used FPPs, currently I probably earn on average just over 20fpps a month so realistically I don't have a chance of qualifying for any of the rakeback bonuses, even in a year that means I'd only earn 240 vpps.

Still I now have about 70fpps that I'm not using.. would like to know which tourneys are the best investment
I must grind to much I have earned more than that this month playing $0.25 micros

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2007
Tom I would give the 20FPP NL turbo with a $1000 prize pool a shot, it is in the freeroll tab. It is maybe not the best investment in terms of value for money but it is not unlike the Open League, if you play tight simple ABC poker, and your premium hands hold, it is relatively easy to min cash in this.

Another idea is the steps for the PCA starting for as little as 3FPP for the hyper turbo, you need a lot of luck, but it is possible to move up the steps, and from time to time Pokerstars will allow you to redeem the tickets as entry for bigger tournaments.

The EPT has a steps programme as well starting at 15 FPP. It is fairly easy to get to Step 1 (even I have done it a couple of times LOL) but you used to be able to redeem these tickets for tournament $ but unfortunately I do not believe that this is possible any longer; maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong because I never got beyond step 1 yet.

For both the PCA and EPT step programmes look under Events in the main lobby.

Off course the really free tournaments are the Open League and the Premier. I play a lot less in these than I used to do just down to time constraints but if you want to get a starting bankroll these are the ones to be in.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
I must grind to much I have earned more than that this month playing $0.25 micros
0.11 VPPs per $0.25 tourney... That's a lot of micros! Well done

topethecat, thanks for your tips.. Will check some of those games out

Last edited by Tomcrockpot; Mon Nov 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: respond to other post

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcrockpot View Post
0.11 VPPs per $0.25 tourney... That's a lot of micros! Well done

topethecat, thanks for your tips.. Will check some of those games out
It feels like a lot. my next step will be $1 if all go good. Imagine how many I could earn then

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Maybe I confused the recent promotion the site had that gave everyone a bonus to reach the higher levels. Since I'm American, I must admit I have not checked since Black Friday. I'm probably wrong on the points needed for silver, but it is the next level up and worth checking if your play gets you near that level.
Yes Hedgehog, this is from the recent vip promotion. You need 750vpps in a month to attain silver star.

It was mentioned already, but be sure to check the VIP tab under tourney regularly for great deals. You may need to turn off your filters when looking at this tab to be sure you see everything.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I've played the 10FPP and 20FPP bronze games a few times before black friday. Unless you can get a deep run, you're not going to win that much from them..... but they don't cost many FPP's to enter.

The play in them is very similar to a weekly round 2 (from an astronomer ticket).

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
No, you have to win the tourney, then you'll automatically be registered to an event worth $11. Check your "registered in tournaments" section under requests, then unregister and you'll be credited with $11 T$ which can be used to buy-in to any other tourneys.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com