Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Tournament Winnings Graph...

Old
Tournament Winnings Graph... - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm using Hm2 for 19 days now (trial version)... i don't know if its because I'm using it but clearly PS is raping me (see attachment at the end of my post)! I don't deposit money and never will, I always start my bankrolls by playing freerolls tournaments and the money i won from the Open league (2$). I worked all month to get up to 50$ and get 150VPP for the Premiere League next month. but suddenly can't win anything. i get stuff like this:

actually almost every tournaments i played last week ended like this Except for 2 tournaments in the Premiere league where i finished 13th and 11th...

And while writing this post i finally made a final table in a 0.10$ 360entrants but i got **** by the river like always...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Results.jpg (37.2 KB, 19 views)

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
QQ all-in preflop never a good idea, A2 was unlucky you had the best pair like him and the worst pair of deuces. Anything can happen at that point. A8 wasnt a bad play, you could of lasted another orbit for better cards, but at the end the big stack is problaby gonna call you with any 2.

I suck at these 360/45/90 mans as well, you should try the 50fiftys they are alot easier to beat and dont take as long.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
The first and third hands I would play the same. The second hand (ace deuce) is in the muck preflop even if it was folded to me, that hand is trash and this sort of thing will happen when you play it.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
forgot about this run? http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...8not-in-PSO%29

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#5)
Hand 1 is absolutely terrible luck. When the money goes in (and I'll get to this more in Hand #3) you're 91.5%,villain is 6.5% and 2% to a tie. So just a terrible beat all the way through the hand here. When the 3 falls on the turn your edge "shrinks" to 82-18%. When the river is all that's left to go in the hand and the trailing hand is 18% and that's the BEST they've been in the entire hand well...for them to win a hand playing like that is simply galling. Just a crappy,crappy beat there.

Hand 2. Meh. With 30bb here you really are on more of a re-steal type stack than a call off 2bb with a highly speculative hand stack here. The A2o should be an auto-muck here. Even after you flop about as well as you could have hoped for you're still only 67% to take this hand. So when the chips went in you WERE in a dominant spot yeah,but 67% is still vulnerable. One-thirds of the time you ARE going to lose here,too high to be considered a bad beat.

Bottom line,flatting with A2o with 3 raisers already in the pot ahead of you is a leak. Don't do it.

Hand 3. Can't really fault you for taking a chance here but you kinda had to figure you were gonna be behind most of the range that the villain is going to be shipping here and when you call for all your chips from behind you have to be willing to accept whatever comes at that point. And this is where I get to the point of when the money goes in and how it relates to bad beats. Personally I have one very simple rule when analyzing my hands as to bad beats---if I put my money in the middle (or enough of my money that I'm essentially locking myself into seeing the hand through...) when trailing in the hand then no matter what happens after that I have no right to complain about a bad beat. Reason being I had to get fortunate just to take the lead to be on the receiving end of that beat in the first place.

Chips go in here you're trailing roughly 56-43% here. After hitting you Ace on the flop you're ahead but only 57-42%. The villain has 11 outs. The 2 on the turn makes you 75-25% hitting the river but when the villain has 11 outs they can bink it's never a bad beat.

And again,not saying it was the "wrong" play to call pre-flop here,but you DID get your money in from behind. Have to accept whatever comes at that point.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
QQ all-in preflop never a good idea, A2 was unlucky you had the best pair like him and the worst pair of deuces. Anything can happen at that point. A8 wasnt a bad play, you could of lasted another orbit for better cards, but at the end the big stack is problaby gonna call you with any 2.

I suck at these 360/45/90 mans as well, you should try the 50fiftys they are alot easier to beat and dont take as long.

Tiber,dude...if you think the QQ hand here was a bad play,much less the worst play (which you seem to be saying here...),of these three hands then I can see why you're scuffling a little bit trying to move forward.

Look the QQ on that stack is a ship. EVERY time. There are only two hands you're afraid of seeing,AA and KK. Anything else you're either flipping or crushing.

Fold the A2o in this spot. ALWAYS. NO exceptions.

The A8o you're right. That severely short stacked it's not bad. It's not great either just because of one of the truest and easiest to remember axioms in poker---it takes a better hand to call than it does to raise (or ship). But with a stack as short as he has he's getting called very wide if he passes here to ship later anyway,so not a bad call.

The QQ though...man you really have to re-visit your reasoning on that.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 05:32 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
after so many losses with AA KK and QQ pre-flop i came to reasoning that the best way to play these hands is to make you opponent pay to see the flop, and if your still ahead, then you shove it. If you have QQ and there is a A or K on the flop there is a big chance that you are being dominated because of the big ammount of chips that he paid to see it.

Edit: ok your right he had to put half his stack forward to call, its a good shove, i didnt look at the chip stacks correctly.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com