Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

who would'nt fold?

Old
who would'nt fold? - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi just played this hand in a micro stakes mtt. To me it had to be a fold. then i thought it would be intersting to see how many,if any would have called/raised all in. also your thoughts on weather i should have made a bigger raise preflop. thanks
bikerzaine.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24 ***

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think with AA on the board and a player making that large of a bet, you did the correct thing by folding. They basically always have Ax there.

Preflop, your raise amount is ok. I might have raised maybe another 100, but I don't think that whethere you preflop raise to 400 or 500, it won't make a difference in the way the hand played out.

Alot of players will never fold KK.... I think you made the correct decision in doing so

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Appropriate raise. I agree that 400, 500, or maybe even all-in might get called. Good fold. Odds of one player holding an Ace with three of you seeing the flop - 1 : 2.9. He either had the Ace of semi-bluffed it. Unless you have a really good read on his style of play, your fold was the right move. Tough to lay down pocket cowboys, but it kept you in the game. Did you go deep?

Herk

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#5)
Thanks guys, unfortunately i a made a couple of bad calls about 20 minutes later (knew i was beat but still called). i've been playing a while now but have only really started to actually learn HOW to play in the last couple of months, and have started getting deeper into tourneys and have even made the final table a few times. any advice on mid/deep stack bubble play would be great,as i often find myself folding strong cards in a bid to "preserve" my stack which just ends up with me getting through the bubble with a short stack and an uphill battle just to reach a decent finish let alone the final table.
thanks in advance,
bikerzaine

not sure if this belongs in a new thread/different forum.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
There are a number of great videos that will take into account every section of mtt play, especially the review sessions,as they go thru an entire tournament and how play differs at different points within them. Please check out the videos link at the top of the page.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
(#7)
thanks JWK24, I'll check them out.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com