Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

This is a designated 'a' player

Old
This is a designated 'a' player - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 06:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
PokerStars Game #71300455421: Tournament #462420206, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (300/600) - 2011/11/28 18:41:18 ET
Table '462420206 216' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: ratinho_81 (43835 in chips)
Seat 2: van1damn (3907 in chips)
Seat 3: bobanRus (14123 in chips)
Seat 4: Bill Curran (13560 in chips)
Seat 5: juanjopiti (27888 in chips)
Seat 6: mayuscule (18355 in chips)
Seat 7: ARRABALER0 (11880 in chips)
Seat 8: miguel poved (34897 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: DonBurak1907 (180672 in chips)
ratinho_81: posts the ante 60
van1damn: posts the ante 60
bobanRus: posts the ante 60
Bill Curran: posts the ante 60
juanjopiti: posts the ante 60
mayuscule: posts the ante 60
ARRABALER0: posts the ante 60
miguel poved: posts the ante 60
DonBurak1907: posts the ante 60
miguel poved: posts small blind 300
DonBurak1907: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bill Curran [6s 8d]
ratinho_81: folds
van1damn: calls 600
bobanRus: calls 600
Bill Curran: folds
juanjopiti: raises 1800 to 2400
mayuscule: calls 2400
ARRABALER0: folds
miguel poved: folds
DonBurak1907: raises 178212 to 180612 and is all-in
van1damn: folds
bobanRus: calls 13463 and is all-in
juanjopiti: calls 25428 and is all-in
mayuscule: calls 15895 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (152784) returned to DonBurak1907
*** FLOP *** [5d 4d 4c]
*** TURN *** [5d 4d 4c] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [5d 4d 4c 5s] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
DonBurak1907: shows [7h 3c] (a straight, Three to Seven)
juanjopiti: shows [Qs 3s] (two pair, Fives and Fours)
DonBurak1907 collected 19066 from side pot-2
mayuscule: shows [As Ks] (two pair, Fives and Fours)
DonBurak1907 collected 12696 from side pot-1
bobanRus: shows [Jh Ah] (two pair, Fives and Fours)
DonBurak1907 collected 57692 from main pot
juanjopiti finished the tournament in 617th place
mayuscule finished the tournament in 618th place
bobanRus finished the tournament in 619th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 89454 Main pot 57692. Side pot-1 12696. Side pot-2 19066. | Rake 0
Board [5d 4d 4c 5s 6h]
Seat 1: ratinho_81 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: van1damn folded before Flop
Seat 3: bobanRus showed [Jh Ah] and lost with two pair, Fives and Fours
Seat 4: Bill Curran folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: juanjopiti showed [Qs 3s] and lost with two pair, Fives and Fours
Seat 6: mayuscule showed [As Ks] and lost with two pair, Fives and Fours
Seat 7: ARRABALER0 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: miguel poved (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: DonBurak1907 (big blind) showed [7h 3c] and won (89454) with a straight, Three to Seven

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
That acutally hurt a lil to watch... Some ppls children..but thnx for the proof everyones been looking for...

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Ha! allin call with Q3s almost as bad.

Was he just shoving allin every hand??

I played a 45 man sng once where there was one player on my table shoving allin EVERY single hand.. Literally 100% of the time. He got lucky the first couple of times and quadrupled his stack, then he just kept doing it. Most of the time everyone folded to him, and occasionally people called, but he still won now and again. Since his stack was so big, and generally only the small stacks were calling him, it took quite a few hands before he eventually busted out...

Both highly amusing to watch, but highly frustrating to be playing on the same table

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
other than the AK hand... looks like a game of OSM to me

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 12:47 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Bizarre!!

Old
i beleive - Tue Nov 29, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
i believe that the future is wrote b4 the game starts,i can start a tourney and i sort of know when its my turn to win or lose,snds daft but true,then it will mostly chuck the monkeys a few peanuts to keep them interested in online poker,so many times i have sat with aa etc and predicted the bad beat coming,damn hate it wen im right,always close to the big bucks then end up with peanuts,why? my opinion would be blocked because i think i know......

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 03:03 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
i believe that the future is wrote b4 the game starts,i can start a tourney and i sort of know when its my turn to win or lose,snds daft but true,then it will mostly chuck the monkeys a few peanuts to keep them interested in online poker,so many times i have sat with aa etc and predicted the bad beat coming,damn hate it wen im right,always close to the big bucks then end up with peanuts,why? my opinion would be blocked because i think i know......
Your opinion is going to be disputed thoroughly here. Post your proof, and then we'll back you up.

I can "predict" cards as well. When I "know" that I'm beat, I fold. That's why my AA isn't going to be all-in pre unless it has to be. Hold 'em IS NOT a two card game. AA only gets you so far.

If you keep with your beliefs, you are going to lose just about every game. Sorry, your beliefs are wrong.

It's time for you to re-analyze your play and get over the paranoia if you want a chance to win.

Please ask around for the many different ways to track your hands. When you have a decent sample, show us what you have. Might even* surprise yourself.

Last edited by mcrissinger; Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: Spelled "even" wrong. I even added an asterisk. Like Barry Bonds won't ever get. 'Cause he won't get into the HOF.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 04:39 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:

If you can't let this go then you may as well pack it in now. Sorry to be that blunt but it's just the truth. Reason being is if you feel like you're always getting beat when you hold premium hands (guarantee that over any decent sample size you aren't...) then you're going to play them wrong and bleed value. That will get you into the death spiral pattern of winning small pots with your premium hands and losing big ones.

Sent you a PM as to your query in another section. Hope you find it helpful.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 06:41 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm lost. Are we supposed to be criticising the huge stack for trying to bully his opponents into folding at what would appear to be something approaching the bubble?

No info about prior behaviour so I'll assume nothing extraordinary.

The action has gone call, call, raise, call. Every reason to believe he would only get one caller (the only previous raiser). May well have had good reason to believe he would get a fold there too. If the raiser's range has been reasonably wide, then just how far behind is his 73? Probably going in as an underdog into a very fat pot.

It didn't work out like that, but then how much damage could his opponents do to his stack anyway?

Unless we're supposed to be laughing at something else or is this to prove that Stars is rigged?

Another thing, all of you who sit there folding until you hit QQ+ are the easier opponents to play. Ever wonder why you often get folded to when you make your move with the premium cards (which still are never better than 90% favourite). One of the reasons it is "frustrating" to play against shove monkeys is because that isn't how it is done on TV or the books we read. They are actually easy and very profitable to play against if you take the long term view.

Last edited by Pentire; Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 06:46 AM..

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2011
shove monkeys will loosen up after the first shove.
yesterday ive played a 50fifty with a guy that had 0 VPIP in 43 hands, the 44th hand he shoved all-in and everybody folded. he problaby hit AA or KK, 3 hand later he tried to pull off the same trick, but someone called and he showed AJs and lost.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post
Another thing, all of you who sit there folding until you hit QQ+ are the easier opponents to play. Ever wonder why you often get folded to when you make your move with the premium cards (which still are never better than 90% favourite). One of the reasons it is "frustrating" to play against shove monkeys is because that isn't how it is done on TV or the books we read. They are actually easy and very profitable to play against if you take the long term view.

There's a lot of validity to that statement. You have a uber-tight player at your table and he suddenly makes a move, you hesitate. Sometimes it might be good chasing a hand just to throw off those tracking your play. Not saying you go to the river with trash, but if you never play a suited connector hand, it might be worthwhile doing it. If it's a cheap showdown, players see your poor cards and might then call that big hand later. Consider it long-term strategy.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 08:48 AM
(#12)
Okay so first of all it is a freeroll and he has a huge stack and 7 3 off is likely going to be live! The Q3 call is worse IMO.

Gidee Up!

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Okay so first of all it is a freeroll and he has a huge stack and 7 3 off is likely going to be live! The Q3 call is worse IMO.

Gidee Up!

yep......hiccup

cheers all

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Play money is funny. Hey... that rhymes!

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Looks like easy money, let me play!

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:52 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
i don't know if this is relevant of not, but in one nl omaha hi/lo astronomer freeroll i played about 2 and a half years ago, everybody went all in the first hand except for me, and it turned out i would have had the winning low hand. hehe

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
i can start a tourney and i sort of know when its my turn to win or lose,snds daft but true,
What sounds daft is that you'd play when it was your turn to lose. Why not just play when it's your turn to win?

Quote:
then it will mostly chuck the monkeys a few peanuts to keep them interested in online poker,so many times i have sat with aa etc and predicted the bad beat coming,damn hate it wen im right,always close to the big bucks then end up with peanuts,why? my opinion would be blocked because i think i know......
Did you mean to call yourself a monkey?

Still waiting for that elusive evidence that something is rigged.......

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
(#18)
lol....way too funny dave.....hiccup...lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com