Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

vpps

Old
vpps - Tue Nov 29, 2011, 06:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Is there games that enables you to earn more vvps than others or are they all set the same? cheers

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
cash games generate the most VPP's, for tournaments its an x ammount of VPP per x ammount of rake.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Does it depend on what game u play though or are they all the same just based on the rake?

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Yes, it does depend on the limit you play.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/#HowdoIearnVPPs

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:56 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
If you are talking ring games, it doesn't matter. Rake is based on the pot. Generally, you have a rake whenever the pot equals 20¢. Very important to remember that you can earn vpps while you are out of the hand. This is why folding is so valuable. Players who fold are still considered active, which allows you a share of any vpps earned. If you sit out, you earn squat. There is a difference.

For all other cash games, be certain there is a fee. All non-ring games that have a fee will earn vpps based on that fee. To the best of my memory, the fee is generally set by the site at 10% of the prize fund. You'll be able to see how much the fee is by checking the number that follows the + symbol.

Regardless of where you earn your vpps, the rate is the same. Ten cents in fees generates 0.55vpps. You will earn the same vpps when your share of the rake equals ten cents. Therefore, the question becomes which earns faster. Based on my experience before Black Friday, and the comments offered by others, the ring games earn the points faster. More importantly, those points come cheaper via rings.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 07:59 AM
(#6)
Cairn, on lower limit microstakes tables they are giving out a higher rate of VPPs now, this is a change they made last year and it stuck. 10 VPPs per $1 rake to the table on .01/.02 tables, for instance, instead of the normal rate on higher limit tables.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 08:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
1.50 fifty50s have a rake of 15 cent. if you lose you pay 1.50 for a 15 cent rake.

in cash ringgames if you fold and 2 players go all-in for 2 dollar each thats 20 cents rake total and you didnt even pay a penny.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 08:23 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Finding value in the games to me is key. The sng's for instance vary and the rake % is different. The $.25 games are 8% where a $1.50 game is 14% and the $7 games are 9%
The more rake you pay the less R.O.I you have.

I now offer private coaching if you wish to Private message me for details!

Follow the Cowboy's Corral on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/CowboysCorral

Gidee Up!

Last edited by 19honu62; Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 08:25 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com