Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

i allways lose it and push all in

Old
i allways lose it and push all in - Wed Nov 30, 2011, 05:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I WON A SEAT INTO THIS GAME FROM A 88CENT SATERLIGHT 30 B4 IT STARTED

PokerStars Game #71369071724: Tournament #549011323, $15.00+$1.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (60/120) - 2011/11/30 22:52:13 NZT [2011/11/30 4:52:13 ET]
Table '549011323 80' 9-max Seat #2 is the button

iam cyclonia

Seat 3: cyclonia (8115 in chips)
Seat 4: Wonderdino (3717 in chips)
WallterBish: posts small blind 50
cyclonia: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cyclonia [As Ah]
Wonderdino: calls 100
XTEHBX: folds
sexana24: folds
Azzaro-Jano: calls 100
fishingtrip2: folds
nut$ihno: folds
Tigre742: folds
WallterBish: calls 50
cyclonia: raises 300 to 400
Wonderdino: calls 300
Azzaro-Jano: calls 300
WallterBish: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [3s 5c 8c]
WallterBish: checks
cyclonia: bets 700
Wonderdino: raises 2607 to 3307 and is all-in
Azzaro-Jano: folds
WallterBish: folds
cyclonia: calls 2607
*** TURN *** [3s 5c 8c] [4d]
*** RIVER *** [3s 5c 8c 4d] [7d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cyclonia: shows [As Ah] (a pair of Aces)
Wonderdino: shows [6c 7c] (a straight, Four to Eight)
Wonderdino collected 8304 from pot

THEN THIS HAND HAPPEN AND I JUST LOST IT AND I DO THIS ALL THE TIME I KNOW IAM BEATIN IN MY GUT BUT I STILL PUSH Y????????

Seat 3: cyclonia (3743 in chips)
Seat 7: Azzaro-Jano (4260 in chips)
posts the ante 15
cyclonia: posts small blind 60
Wonderdino: posts big blind 120
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cyclonia [Jh Kh]
Damonator79: folds
sexana24: folds
Azzaro-Jano: calls 120
fishingtrip2: folds
nut$ihno: folds
Tigre742: folds
WallterBish: folds
cyclonia: calls 60
Wonderdino: checks
*** FLOP *** [6s Jc 7s]
Wonderdino said, "called bec K9s and good PotOdds"
cyclonia: bets 360
Wonderdino: folds
cyclonia said, "yea 4sure if i had ur stack i call"
Azzaro-Jano: raises 960 to 1320
cyclonia: calls 960
*** TURN *** [6s Jc 7s] [4c]
cyclonia: bets 2288 and is all-in
Azzaro-Jano: calls 2288
*** RIVER *** [6s Jc 7s 4c] [Qh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cyclonia: shows [Jh Kh] (a pair of Jacks)
Azzaro-Jano: shows [Ah Ad] (a pair of Aces)
Azzaro-Jano collected 7711 from pot
cyclonia finished the tournament in 599th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7711 | Rake 0
Board [6s Jc 7s 4c Qh]
Seat 3: cyclonia (small blind) showed [Jh Kh] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 7: Azzaro-Jano showed [Ah Ad] and won (7711) with a pair of Aces

I NEED ALOT OF HELP WITH MY GAME PLEAZ FEEL THE NEED TO tell me how to play and messages me if u wont to hav a new poker student cheers guys

Last edited by cyclonia; Wed Nov 30, 2011 at 05:28 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 05:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
Please dont use caps that much, I think your best bet is to start with the courses, understand the basics and watch some of the starter videos.

first hand is just UL you gave him no odds to call but he did and he hit his out.

second hand should just have been check/folded on the turn.

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
First, welcome to the forum! In the future, if you have the entire hand history of the one that you'd like anlayzed, then you can also use the hand replayer (click on the tools link at the top of the page) and here is a link on the instructions for using it. It will give us more info from seeing the hand and can get you a better reply on the hands... from us having the additional info. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r-Instructions

In the first hand with AA, the thing you need to do is to raise more preflop. You had 2 limpers plus the small blind complete (basically a 3rd limp). A standard raise for this would be to 3BB + 1BB for each limper (in this case that would be 6BB or 600). The stack sizes for the others that limped would be good information to include too... because depending on what they are, I'd maybe even raise a bit more than to 600 (even shoved then, depending on the others stack sizes).
AA plays better against a lower number of hands and a larger raise may have gotten some of the others to drop. On the flop... your opponent had every right to raise your bet, as they were actually the favorite in the hand at that point (56% of the time they will beat your aces, with the flop that happened and their hold cards).
That's an unlucky hand, but you did price them into the hand to see the flop, by not raising more preflop.

In the second one, you just limped into the hand preflop. Normally, when playing a hand, especially if you're going to be out of position after the flop, you need to either fold, or raise preflop. Instead of just calling the BB amount, raise to 2.5-3BB. If you get re-raised, then your opponent will probably have you beat and you can fold then (losing minimum chips). Also, what you do not want to do is to shove when you may or may not have the best hand. In this case, while you did have top pair, there are a number of hands that have already beat you.... an overpair, or anyone with a higher card than a J could also draw to and pair their higher card on the river, or anyone with 35 or 58 has a straight.

One thing that you'll need to learn is that there are 7 cards in hold'em. your 2 and the 5 on the board. It's not the best hand at the time that wins.. it's the best hand after all 7 cards are revealed and you don't want to push until you know that you have the best hand.
Please take a look at the courses here (tab at the top of page) and also the videos (tab at the top of page). You can and will learn ALOT from watching them, also the live training sessions (also tab at the top of the page... along with this forum. You're always welcome to put any hand that's played in here to be analyzed.

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
cool thankz guys i know i played them wrong i just wonted to how the best way to play it so thank you very much 4 letting me know i hope to get as much training sessions in that i can and ill rember this kind of play 4 next time thanks heps hope to pick ur brain more in the future
cheers

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey cyclonia, welcome to PSO and the forum.

As you see, there's lots of knowledgeable, helpful people around.

Here's some tips for those getting started here in PSO.
After you have a look, please let us know if you have any questions on anything.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Cyclonia,

if you cant wait to get in to some trainings the trainers here are kind enough to tape the lessons. you can find some great ones here.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...raining-videos

if you have a certain area you would like to start with have a look else maybe start with......

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...14-Fold-Equity

(sort picked at random but also is next one i will revisit)

Another good thing to do is browse the hand analysis forum. Some of us have (like you) put hands up and have had great advice from the folks here.

find that here
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Hand-Analysis

if the worst happens and you have a question,

create a post and ask it, chances are you will get 4 or 5 replies inside of a day.

Grade b

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com