Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

11bb and a 4x raise on the button

Old
11bb and a 4x raise on the button - Wed Nov 30, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Hi all i cannot post my hand this time my hand historys gone awol again.

Basically im on the bb i have AJo and the op on the button has same stack and r 4x into me, well he might of well turned his cards over it screamed some sort of pocket pair and he did not want to see a flop, i had 2 options fold or all in i was on the bubble aswell but i wanted to win the game not sit around wait to pick up 7th place so i shipped them knowing i was a slight underdog he turned over 88 and won.

Q; were the fold and the all in both ok plays taking into account i only had 11bb left.

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 09:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
well AJo is not a hand I would play in early position. with 11bb left you should last another 2-3 orbits to get good cards and most important, a better position.

Ask Razzys how profitable it can be to wait for good hands even as a small stack .

But if you knew he was screaming a PP then it was your call to choose for the coin flip, and thats gambling my friend

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
it'll depend on the opp's tendencies and the stacks. Were they stealing previously from the button? That would play into my decision alot. By now, you should have some reads on the opp. With it being on the bubble, their extra raise from the button makes sense and should be with alot wider range than normal (which AJ plays ok against).... and I'd be more opt to shove due to it.
If you can get the HH from support, it'd help us get you a better answer.

You can get the hand history back. go into the client, go to requests at the top, then hand history, then enter into any of the options. Support will then e-mail them to you.

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
thanks guys

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
He's never folding preflop...If you really want to mix it up here, a stop and go is an option. Just call his raise and jam any flop. AJ should have pretty good equity most of the time, and a lot of the time he might fold a smaller pair. Regardless your AJ plays great against any button range here and you should either jam pre or call and jam any flop.

Quote:
well AJo is not a hand I would play in early position. with 11bb left you should last another 2-3 orbits to get good cards and most important, a better position.
Position is all but meaningless when shortstacked. Can't outplay someone postflop on 11 BBs. Also, the BB isn't early position. It's bad position postflop, but it's not early position...you've already seen everyone's moves preflop and have the most info when it's your turn to act of anyone at this time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com