Idanmel's five hands

Old
Idanmel's five hands - Sun Nov 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi,

Here are my 5 hands.

Lets start with the big loss:

I thought I might be able to bluff him out if he didn't have an Ace, but I think I should have just called with intention to fold after the flop. I broke the "DO NOT BLUFF AT 2NL" rule, and was punished

2ns hand:

Tufau is marked as LAP in my notes, and I figured that if I have a hand against him I should bet repeatedy and big... He raised from UTG, should have payed more attention. After the flop I had 14 outs (if we count his ace), so I think my call was ok.

3rd hand:

I don't remember if I had a read on Traider1, and I'm wondering what do you think of going all in against a small stack with JJ... I'm now thinking that unless he is a LAP, I should not do it.

4th hand:

If Ricardo is a LAP, should I have bet on the streets? If so, which?

5th hand:

This one, I'm not saying a word about.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#2)
Sorry, here's the 3rd hand:

Old
Good Post! - Wed Nov 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
(Guest)
Hi Idanmel,

I moved your post to a new thread. We need an individidual thread for every user. Also, if you post a new batch of 5 hands in the future, please create a new thread as well.

In general, your hands are very well played. I do particularly like that you play very aggressively preflop with strong holdings. Some comments to each of your hands:
1) Preflop your reraise was perfect. The flop is not exactly what you want to see. But the pot is huge already and you have only one opponent. I actually like your all-in. There is a decent chance that your opponent has a smaller pocket pair (or some other cards with no ace if he is very loose and aggressive). Well played.
2) Yes, the reraise preflop was a bit too much. I think you realised that yourself. It's great to be aggressive preflop but don't overdo it. His small reraise is annoying but you had to call, of course. On the flop it's very clear that you have to call him with top pair + flush draw.
3) I like your play here. JJ is often good enough to get it all-in preflop with small to medium sized stacks. Only if you would have a read that your opponent is very tight, you should be more careful.
4) A continuation bet on the flop is a good way to be more aggressive. There is a decent chance that he is sitting on two high cards and missed the flop as well. If you get called on the flop, it's OK to bluff again on the turn again once in a while. Most of the time it's better to give up when called once.
5) Good hand. I like your reraise preflop. A call would also be OK. Betting the flop and checking behind on the turn is a good balance between being careful and building the pot. And you also have to call the river, of course. Too bad that he had the better kicker.

Very well played. I'd release the next installment if you hadn't earned the full $50 via VPP already. Congratulations and Good luck at the tables!

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#4)
Thank you for taking the time to so thoughtfully reviewing my notes!

I already recieved the full 50$ and am working on using them to the best I can. So far I turned them into 66$.

Thanks again, your input is much appreciated!
Idan.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com