Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

found the motherlode!

Old
Default
found the motherlode! - Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#1)
Tomcrockpot's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 140
Don't you love it when you stumble on a table with two huge fish on it.

Up to tonight my bb/100 hands was 11. (Over 2800 hands of 2c4c limit)

Tonight started playing at a table with 2 big fish.. super LAGs, VPIP over 80% for both of them. Both silly aggressive post flop bet/raising with any overcards or any pair.
And luckily for me I was hitting with lots of my cards too..

So for that table, 145 hands.. and a bb/100 of 85! I hope I see those players again!
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#2)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
very nice Tom!! and if your making 11bb/100 you should be moving up fast
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:27 PM
(#3)
CannonLee's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcrockpot View Post
Don't you love it when you stumble on a table with two huge fish on it.

Up to tonight my bb/100 hands was 11. (Over 2800 hands of 2c4c limit)

Tonight started playing at a table with 2 big fish.. super LAGs, VPIP over 80% for both of them. Both silly aggressive post flop bet/raising with any overcards or any pair.
And luckily for me I was hitting with lots of my cards too..

So for that table, 145 hands.. and a bb/100 of 85! I hope I see those players again!
It's nice to hear that you are winning against super LAGS now!
Open your range against them, because most of the time all they got is top air(not top pair)

GL at the tables
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#4)
Tomcrockpot's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
very nice Tom!! and if your making 11bb/100 you should be moving up fast
cheers,

By the way, by bb/100 I mean big blinds per 100 not big bets. So at 2c/4c that's $0.22 per 100 hands. So bankroll is growing, slow and steady..

I'm going to pay more attention to average pots when choosing tables, it certainly helps.
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#5)
Tomcrockpot's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
It's nice to hear that you are winning against super LAGS now!
Open your range against them, because most of the time all they got is top air(not top pair)

GL at the tables
Exactly.. luckily for me there had been so much action pre flop I was getting crazy odds to call with my draws, and I hit a couple of times.
I love getting reraised when you have the nuts!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com