Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Holdem Manager 2

Old
Question
Holdem Manager 2 - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 04:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Does anyone know of a book or videos that can help not only in learning Holdem Manager 2, but also to make sense out of a ton of stats that it spews. Being a Mac guy, I bought a new PC only to run HM2, now although much easier to use than Poker Tracker, HM2 is still a little too much for me. I don't know where to begin, thankfully I have managed to setup the HUD - now how to I fully learn it properly. I know there are a bunch of video from HM2 itself, but how do I use these stats to plug my leaks.

There are 2 HM videos by Dave *The Langolier" in the video section, the one with the HUD is really good, but the one with analyzing stats is a bit blurry. It would be good to see a similar video for HM2.

Thanks Guys in advance...

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 08:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Does Hold'em Manager have a forum? Unless that forum is strictly installation related material, I'm thinking the members there can offer suggestions regarding interpritation of the numbers offered.

Old
Cheers - Fri Dec 02, 2011, 04:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
thanks for the suggestion, but i am looking for something that I am myself not aware of... in forums i can ask people what I m looking for, however, when to begin with I don't know what to look for... how do I go about that.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 08:29 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
You might consider watching the video about the HUD again, but try focusing on one or two of the stats. Apply those to your display and work with that. If you own the program, you have plenty of time learning. If this is the trial period, you might want to experiment.

As an example, VPIP indicates looseness. Try following a table or tourney using just this one stat. When you understand that one, add another you think would be useful. Remember that the display might have but one thing showing on the table, but a quick scroll of the mouse will reveal everything. If you find yourself referencing a stat frequently, add it.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

No video is coming on HM2, I don't even have it.

As for the video on using HEM for self analysis, I don't know why it's blurry like that. I inquired when I first noticed and did not receive a response. I may end up running that session again at some point and having it re-recorded. I still have all the slides for the presentation (not blurry, that was something that happened on the recorders end during video production, that person is not with PSO any more).

Thanks,
Dave

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com