Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

30 dollers where to start

Old
30 dollers where to start - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
ok a 30 doller top up lol where should i start my come back trail lol 1c-2c 0r 2c -5c or small sng

Old
and how much - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:12 AM
(#2)
and how much should i buy in for?

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I find playing $0.25 games with this amount is about right if you don't mind building it up slow. If you multi table you could soon double it. I just made $10 in 3 days playing in these and I even lost a lot off games.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I used to start with cash games and now i favor SIt and go's

Buy in for a Ring game should be 100 BB's

But the answer is that game you are comfertable with its no good use saying play 45 man 25 cent games if you hate them and crash out in first blind level.

On the plus side there are several bankroll builder chalages going on with live Trainers

one for sit and go and one for cash

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ugh-the-micros

and

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nkroll-Builder

we have lots of bankroll advice in the forum too.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...oll-Management

(yes i relise i use the royal we a lot in my posts to mea Members of the forums)

Grade b

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
It is possible to grow your bankroll from even much less but i will try and give you the benefit of how I was able to achieve it.

I started off with 11 cents and played freerolls exclusively until I was up over 20$. Once there I decided to invest no more than 10% of my roll on a daily basis. That meant I could spend no more of my roll than $2 a day which does not make for a lot of poker even in 45 cent SNGs.

I turned my attention to cash and bought in for 80cents which is only 40 BB; I basically waited for a premium hand and shoved, sometimes they held and sometimes they didn't and if I doubled up I was out of there (I did not realise it at the time but i was short stacking). Now that sounds like a very mercenary way to play a game you love playing but my biggest goal was to get a bankroll. It worked over a period of time and my roll grew to 30, 40 and then 100. I continued to play freerolls including the Leagues on PSO and that continued to supplement and grow my bankroll but I was really making money on cash, I simply did not have the patience for running deep in SnGs or bigger tournies.

I moved up the levels in cash, always Full Ring and was doing really well at 10NL and playing a bit at 25NL. Now I have to say my style was very Loose and Aggressive but it was profitable.

I came back after a break over the Summer and started playing 25NL, and lost nearly 4/5ths of my roll in a very short time scale. At one point I was down to 150$, I am now hovering round the 200$ mark and to be honest I am pretty happy with that.

What I have realised is that to be successful at Poker, to be a winning player, you have to be incredibly driven, hardworking, disciplined and put an awful lot of energy into it. I know exactly what is required, I know that you have to take numerous setbacks and bad beats and still keep coming back day after day and play in a certain way to achieve your goals. I admire the people who can do that but for me as an individual it sucks the fun out of the game, and as long as I am not losing money, as long as I continue to have fun and enjoy myself, I am content to play around in the shallower waters of the poker world.

I may never be a "winning player" in the literal sense but as long as I am taking part and having a good time doing it, then playing every day of the week or once a month or whenever the fancy takes me is enough for me. Maybe some day when I have the time or inclination I will set myself some real targets but I will only do it for the enjoyment and sense of achievement because that is what works for me.

Use your 30$ wisely but most of all enjoy doing it; if it were me, short stacking on 2NL would be the way to start off. Have fun!

Cheers,

TC

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:18 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** moved royalraise85 ***

Hi holdemace486,

I moved your thread from Beginners Questions into Bankroll Management. Your question will get a better response here.

Take the time to review the suggestions from topthecat, Grade b and all the other members that post here.

Wishing you every success in building up that Bankroll!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
thx - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#7)
thx guys have checked the links out and like the guy with the graphs idea build up through the levels on six seaters,may go 2-5c even tho only 15 buyins,becuase can always reload again lol lol,thats one of my issues think stuff it can always reload which i know is the wrong mind set lol

Old
i like it - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#8)
thx top cat dude from 11 c sick,well impressive,and thx to every 1 else,if i can get my mind set right i know i can win its just keeping it lol.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#9)
The story of how i got to 11cents is a little less impressive

Cheers,

TC

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice imformation Top the cat,

I will be using some of that.

I may try picking your brains next month as i turn some attention to cash games. This month well other things to worry about, nearly Christms!! woohoo

Grade b

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#11)
I will give you what advice I can B but certainly it has got tougher at cash in the last few months.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
40 buy ins for cash games should be more than enough.$200 for NL2 is a little extreme.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com