Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

I survived the Hubble bubble!

Old
I survived the Hubble bubble! - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
I've only been playing Poker properly for about 6 weeks or so. This week I've managed to make a few achievements.

Firstly, today I placed 68th in the Hubble freeroll. I had a bit of luck along the way, but I have been applying what I have been learning and it appears to be paying off. This means I get to play in the final at the weekend and have a shot at a cash prize.

Secondly, I qualified for the Sunday Storm through the UK qualifier freeroll on either Tuesday or weds, without using any re-buys or add-ons.

Thirdly, I placed 19th for the November UKIPT league, with 102 points. Hopefully that means I get a fiver and a week of division 1 tickets, so I will be able to play in the next level tourneys and develop my game further. Also, not quite as good but still a minor achievement, I placed in the payout position in the Open Skill league. Only 50 cents but better than nothing!

I've still got a lot to learn and a long way to go, but I feel that with these achievements I am definitely on the right track.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
A well deserved CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks, I owe my progress to this site, without it my game would not be anywhere near what it is now. So thanks to everyone involved!

PSO is an essential resource for any player, and I have already got someone else into poker and he's also learning through this site.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 01:12 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Congrats, I used to play a lot of those Hubble games, they're really tough. Nice to know that the training and the forum are helping you to improve.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Congrats electrux I still have my first WR2 freeroll ticket from way back in 2007; I have never used it because it meant that much to me.

I hope you get many more and start cruising up through the levels.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wtg if you can consistently beat the hubbles, then you will have no problem building a bankroll

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 06:39 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Wtg if you can consistently beat the hubbles, then you will have no problem building a bankroll
+1

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:21 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Big congrats Beavis!!

You're on fire, Fire, FIRE!!!

Great post, very nice to hear.

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#9)
Does playing poker properly mean whilst wearing pants?

Because if not then I've never actually....never mind.

If you're trying to grind up that pennyroll the Astronomer to Weekly Round 2 path is the way to go if depositing isn't a route you want to take. Keep in mind that the NLHE Hubbles is far from the only Astronomer. Try some of the others as well,doesn't hurt to have 3 or 4 running at once. Increases your chances for a ticket at no cost. If you have a deep run going in one focus on that one. The 8 Game and 2-7 NL Single Draw ones I found to be easier tickets once you get the rules down than the Hubbles were. (Just knowing what beats what and how to play Stud/Omaha/RAZZ and 2-7 is going to put you ahead of 80% of the field.)

Try to have a cache of tickets so you can play both Weekly Round 2's each weekend.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Thu Dec 01, 2011 at 10:48 PM..

Old
Freerollin - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I also have found that te following are easier way to earn tickets, as over the years, these are the ones I gravitated to instead of Hubble's as is donk and fish city in that tourney:

Galilieo's NL Omaha Hi/Lo
Copernicus FL Omaha

Most of the people in these shove in with A2 in their hand regardless of other cards and its easy to kick some butt and build a big stack quickly in the Hi/Lo

I tend to find the Stud games insanely boring when they are freerolls.

The other thing to look out for is the Weekly tourneys for cash on Saturday and Sunday are not always NLHE, but sometimes Stud, Omaha, and I think I have even seen Badugai.

These will often have far far less entrants than a Weekly NLHE and can offer a sneakier way to play against less people for the same amount of total prize money !!

Good luck and see you in the weeklies buddy, I got my tickets for the next few !!!

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 11:07 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinyButPhat View Post
I also have found that te following are easier way to earn tickets, as over the years, these are the ones I gravitated to instead of Hubble's as is donk and fish city in that tourney:

Galilieo's NL Omaha Hi/Lo
Copernicus FL Omaha

Most of the people in these shove in with A2 in their hand regardless of other cards and its easy to kick some butt and build a big stack quickly in the Hi/Lo

I tend to find the Stud games insanely boring when they are freerolls.

The other thing to look out for is the Weekly tourneys for cash on Saturday and Sunday are not always NLHE, but sometimes Stud, Omaha, and I think I have even seen Badugai.

These will often have far far less entrants than a Weekly NLHE and can offer a sneakier way to play against less people for the same amount of total prize money !!

Good luck and see you in the weeklies buddy, I got my tickets for the next few !!!

Yeah Saturday is always NLHE but on Sunday's they mix it up. Omaha is most popular it seems,but I've seen Triple Stud,Stud Hi/Lo,FLHE,NLHE again and yeah,I saw Badugi once as well. I always made sure I had a Weekly Round 2 ticket (at least one..) in reserve in case my dreams ever came true and 2-7 NL Single Draw or 8 Game got put on the menu one Sunday.

No joy on that first time around. Maybe next time?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com