Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars Radio Special 10th Anniversary Show

Old
PokerStars Radio Special 10th Anniversary Show - Thu Dec 01, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)

Listen Live and Win Exclusive Prizes!
PokerStars Radio is back on air with a special show for the 10th Anniversary! The show will be broadcast at 17:00 GMT on December 4, with all the latest news from the World Record Tournament, phone-ins, prize giveaways and more. Your hosts will be Joe Stapleton and Nick Wealthall, and you can listen direct from this page.

Please Note: the show will be broadcast in English only.

Promotions
You can interact with the PokerStars 10th Anniversary Special radio show with exclusive listener promotions and giveaways. Here’s what you can expect:

Depositor Freeroll
Make a real money deposit with the bonus code given out on the show, and you’ll get a ticket for a freeroll on December 18. Players finishing in places in 1-20 will win entry to the $215 10th Anniversary Sunday Million special edition that starts straight after the freeroll. It’s got a guaranteed prize pool of $10,000,000, including a life-changing $2,000,000 set aside for first place!

Please Note: Eligible deposits must be made in the time between the code being announced on the show and the beginning of the freeroll at 19:00 GMT on December 18.

Call-in Spot Prizes
During the radio show, 10 callers will win a 10th Anniversary package that includes a special edition hat, t-shirt and card protector, from the PokerStars VIP Store. What’s more, one extra-lucky caller will win a Citizen watch, worth 26,500 FPPs! It’s your chance to bag some exclusive PokerStars merchandise, and all you have to do to be in the running is listen to the show (the number to dial will be given out during the broadcast).

World Record Second Chance
Missed out on winning big in the 10th Anniversary World Record Tournament? There’s a special Second Chance event running after the main tourney, at 18:00 GMT on December 4, with a buy-in of just $1. In addition to the cash prize pool, there will also be 100 $11 tickets added for the special edition of the Sunday Storm on December 11, which has a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000. You can only register using the exclusive password given out on the radio show, so make sure you tune in.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about the 10th Anniversary radio broadcast.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
I heard a Rumor that Kid Poker be on the Show

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Can anyone give me some support(moral, or otherwise) as to why I should care about these promos that are being posted in the PokerStars Support forum? 'Cause, ya know... I can't participate. Especially since I was being disconnected from the server multiple times tonight. Also, because I'm in the US.

Seriously, the hardcore crackdown of moving topics that are by definition "general" from the General forum without a precise reason at the same time that dumping of PStars promos in both the Support and News forums is effing annoying.

So, while PSO is organizing itself and getting ready to tell all of us PSO members about all the new AWESOME stuff coming our way and who all the 4,937 new mods are, please stop cluttering the site with the promos.

We get it. It doesn't need to posted multiple times.

My newly adopted stray kitten just took it's milestone 50th dump! I won double my gag reflex.

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:28 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
You know we all want you back sooner than later.

I was reading a interesting article from the owner of another site that takes American players.
He is now saying winning players are bad for the game and is booting them from his site..lol
He sees good players as predators and that must mean he is?All you have to know is he is not a smart business man..lol Stars will be here when you guys come back and the other guy will be sitting in a jail dog.

The promo spam I have brought up a few times and think we have to see it as a necessity for PSO
to keep going. I hate it and tend to ignore it and if Im bored I report Too2Coo for spam!
It always makes me happy to see him respond to my reports.

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi guys,

As you have already seen we will inform you about special and interesting PSO & PokerStars offers/promos/news using our News-Forum. This forum is only used to announce news which we are thinking of being interesting enough for our members. As this forum is only an announcement forum, we will also create identicial discussion threads, in which you can discuss the news in depth. These discussion threads will be created in different sections of the forum e.g. PSO Center for PSO News, PokerStars Center for PokerStars News and so on. It's a new service we would like to share with you guys and definately no Spam!

Back to topic:
I will tune in and enjoy the radio show. Joe Stapleton is an awesome funny guy as you can see in other formats and in his video-blog here on PSO.

Regards,
Christopher

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Most of us click "last post" so we come across 4-5 posts on the same topic when ever a promo is launched. Think this one really showed the thought that goes into the posts:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...H-ROLLER-EVENT

I dont want to argue why it is spam but Im sure you are pulling my leg.
We receive most of this info through email and when we turn on the client software.
True some of the info you provide gives better detail,but others need to be screened a little better.
High Roller Event is a perfect example.

Will be tuning in to listen to this event as it does interest me and better then listening to techno on a loop well I play.

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello IseeCookies,

There will be exactly 2 threads for every published News: 1 Newspost and 1 Discussion-thread.

The Highroller tourney was published because it is interesting enough for most parts of this community in my opinion. Yes, there will be only a few who are actually able to play in this event, BUT I'm pretty sure a lot of user will rail their favourite players and Team PokerStars Pros. It will be a very funny and interesting event and it's definately worth a news.

Thanks for your feedback,
Christopher

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Guess mac users are out of luck,wish it would have mentioned that before.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com