Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

If you was in this hand

Old
If you was in this hand - Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

I did not play this hand as its a simple fold. I just wanted to know what u would be thinking off doing after the turn with all them outs. I been in these spots before and i would shove and cross my fingers.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
I will give you best advice ever. After you fold - go watch some tv till next hand is dealt.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puciek View Post
I will give you best advice ever. After you fold - go watch some tv till next hand is dealt.
Or better yet watch the players and their tendencies and never again worry about what might have been. Remember, just worry about decisions. Results will follow them good or bad... BTW never even watchdd your replayer...no need

Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Dec 02, 2011 at 03:14 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Or better yet watch the players and their tendencies and never again worry about what might have been. Remember, just worry about decisions. Results will follow them good or bad...
Let's start with one leak at a time

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If it was me... I wouldn't care about later in the hand, because I'd have mucked preflop.

One of the worst things you can do when in a tourney is to look at what could have happened if I stayed in a hand (it's ok to go back and review you plays later, but in a tournament, as soon as you mucked your cards... the rest of the hand is irrelevant). If you look at the rest of the hand, the one and only thing that can come from it (other than making a note on an opp if they have to show their cards)... is to put yourself on TILT. I've seen many, many players tilt from this exact situation.... what if I stayed in the hand and I hit a longshot draw.

If I was in the hand though, even before the turn, with that many in the hand, I'm making some sort of value bet on the flop, as I'd have hit top pair. Some will stay, some probably will fold, but at least it'll get some value and start to see where I'm at in the hand.
On the turn, it would depend on what happened to me on the flop. I'd most likely value bet it, since I picked up a flush draw and open-ended straight draw.
On the river this early, easy check for me. Yes, I'd have 2 pair which has showdown value, but someone could very easily have A7 or A2 and have a straight.

Shoving the turn this early is definitely a bad idea, because while you have a decent hand with a lot of outs, you have no idea how many of those outs are actually compromised. Any of the opps could easily have a Q with a better kicker, a made straight, or a better flush draw. You don't want to be shoving until you know that you have the absolute best hand or that all of the opps will fold... and this early in a tourney, you cannot guarantee either.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Im not bothered about it in any way, I just seen a situation i been in before so i thought if i was in this hand what would i do after the flop.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
thanks JWK24

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com