Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Well played ?

Old
Well played ? - Fri Dec 02, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

This guy has got to be the most loose i have seen today. And as i type this i take him out.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 09:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
In a vacuum I don't like how you played it, but you've given no info and this is so opponent specific I really can't say if you played it well or not.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm assuming this is one of the quarter mtt's. In those, you've got alot of loose aggressive and station types. However, I like leading the flop. They most likely will call a value bet and you got lucky that they fired at both the flop and the turn with nothing. That won't happen against better opponents, so I think you got lucky they did bet. You really want to be value betting the flop/turn, which can then set up a river shove. If you don't get them to bet the flop so you can check/raise and get them to bet the turn... then there isn't enough in the pot to guarantee a call on the river.

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
These guys were playing any ace. This is why i checked the turn i was begging for a ace so i could shove it. Every time i got a good hand and shoved they would fold. I put this guy on A rag cause every hand i seen off his was A rag.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com