Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

How to get to cash without a deposit.

Old
How to get to cash without a deposit. - Sat Dec 03, 2011, 02:50 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
I'm willing to bet that very few if any people have done what I've done on Stars. Without making a deposit of any sorts I've cashed out over $20000 since 2008 on Pokerstars. Some of my achievements: Multiple $1000+ cashes with a top cash of over $3200, and obtaining Supernova status in 2010. But, somehow after some bad money management and unfortunate luck my account has run dry. Of course I could easilly deposit some quick cash on Stars and begin again, but I like the fact that I've made a tonne of cash without ever really risking any of my own. It's a cool anectdote to add to my story. So, instead I'm going to begin the grind back, and make my journey available to whoever is interested. I will play in freerolls try to gring up play money and sell it and play in whatever free promotions Stars enlists to make it back to cash, and beyond. I'll encourage the interested to stick to this forum and my Blog to follow my progress. Also, open to answering any questions people have etc... Also I've allowed myself to be searchable on Stars for the first time in a while.
Cheeers!

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** moved royalraise85 ***

Welcome to PSO Bluffman!

That's a pretty impressive achievement.

I look forward to reading your posts and following your grind.

I moved your thread into this section where all the members post their challenges and achievements!

If you haven't done so already put a post up in the New Members section and introduce yourself.

Best of Luck at the tables.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
very impressive, even though you got ray lewis as your avatar, and are there still places that buy play money? good luck!

Last edited by roomik17; Sat Dec 03, 2011 at 03:24 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
You may find the freerolls are not what they used to be ;)
Still, you can certainly get a couple tickets a week if you can put in the time.
If you're an insomniac it's almost guaranteed, 6-7 AM UTC is the best time, where I used to get most of mine when I couldn't sleep :)

Now I'm back to a normal life (except for a few days now as I just had an (other) accident and can hardly move) so I'm not getting many tickets at all...

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#5)
@royalraise85- thanks for putting this in the right section. new to all this. much appreciated.
@roomik17- I think there are still some sites, but I've been waiting until I grind up to a few hundred thousand before I search them out.
@Maj- For sure the level of comp has changed. Think my best bet might be the play money grind, because I find that quite easy. (a lot is riding on those sites lol).

Update: Started the day at 1000 play chips. At about 10k now just been playing a few tables of the Omaha8 games. I have a pretty good grasp of that game.

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
just saw you are from my hometown too! EOA for me all my life lol

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 05:14 PM
(#7)
yeah I'm a London guy.
- so I played in 3- 2000 chip SNGs. they are very light. came 1st in all 3.

PM(play money) BR: 32,800

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
bluffman, those are some very good numbers according to OPR, especially 2009 and 2010

Sounds like you went thru a variance run, which can and will happen to ALL of us. I have had some happen to me that lasted months.
Make sure to take a look at the games you were playing in the downswing and see if there were any consistancies that are leaks and also compare them to the good runs and see if there is anything that you were doing differently.

If you want us to take a look at any of the hands that you're playing, please post them in the hand analysis section and we'll gladly take a look at them for you.

Good luck at the tables

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#9)
@JWK- Hey I appreciate any help I can get, so thanks a lot. I don't really think I went through that bad of a swing to be completely honest. If you look at my OPR it's still $1400 profit in the last 120, which is pretty good for the few hours I've been playing.
-I just cashed out a lot of that, and figured I could always make it back up using my FPPs. Just lost some focus, and bankroll managed a little poorly. I think my game is actually pretty solid. Especially my Omaha8 game. Which is why I want to get back into cash games, and leave this al behind. First time dropping to play money games in a couple years.
thanks for the comments.
cheers.

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
welcome ...impressive stats .... gl and look forward to giving out another red danger ring lol

cheers r0ck

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 06:29 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
there's an entire forum set up for bankroll management. Also, the live training sessions and the videos are really helpful.

If you want to try the play money games, there are currently 2 challenges out there (I'm doing both of them since in the US and can only play the play chip tourneys now)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ge-open-to-all

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-SNG-Challenge

the micro omaha8 tables were pretty soft. I had just started playing them a couple of months before black friday and was up almost $10 playing only 2/4 cent and 5/10 cent limit (even including 2 pretty bad variance swings)

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#12)
So, it didn't take me long to already go against myself in this forum. I've realised it is just too boring for me to play poker at play money levels. And, I have a pretty strong grasp on some of the games on Stars. That being said I've decided to make my first deposit. it's unprofitable for me at the moment to not be making profit haha. So, I feel bad that I coudn't pursue an unreal grind story but I just do not have the time or patience to play those limits. sorry guys.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com