Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

5 Card Draw Question

Old
5 Card Draw Question - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 02:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
I want to ank a Question about 5 card DRAw.

if i am having a hand like which is having TOP pairs(AA,KK) plus with a chane of making a flush.

then what should i do--(try to make flush or with pairs to improve)

1)when some bet more than 10bb
2)when more than 3 limpers
2)when only 1 limpers.....

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 07:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** moved royalraise85 ***

Hi there yashwant2808,

Firstly, may I welcome you to PSO.

I moved your thread into the 'Advanced Poker Discussion' section as it has a much better chance of getting a good answer here.

I may also change the title at a later date. Members tend to skip over questions if the title is not very specific.

Your question is very good however. I'm not a 5 card draw player but I have notified a member here at PSO who will be able to give you some solid advice. I'm sure he will reply as soon as possible.

Again, great to see you here. Why not put a post in the New Members Section and introduce yourself.

Remember, any questions just ask, we're here to help.

Regards,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
There are alot of factors in these decisions.

1) reads on any opponents. Do they always limp? How much do they bluff if they miss? Are their bets standard or is this different from normal?

2) How many cards are the opps drawing? If I'm last to act, this could determine what to do. If the opps are all drawing 3 cards, then they probably have a pair. If they draw 1, they're probably drawing to a straight or flush or already have 2 pair. If anyone before you stands pat and raises big before the draw, you know they have a premium hand.

3) how many do you need for the flush, 1 or 2 cards?

With the limpers, especially if I'm last to act, then I'm using the info gained by how many the opps draw to help determine this (if they're all drawing to pairs, then I'd think my AA might be good and go that way... or... if I'm 1 to a flush and all the other opps are drawing 1, then I might go with the flush).

Without that other information, it's really hard to give you a direct answer as there are many other factors that will need to be used to make those determinations.

If you have any hand histories from these situations, please use the hand replayer (it works for 5 card draw too) and post in the hand analysis forum and we will gladly give our opinions on them.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com