Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

member of the week by marvinsytan

Old
Member Of The Month - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 06:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
MABUHAY

I'm Marvin from the Philippines.

I first started playing poker on facebook which then leads me playing in pokerstars. At first i tried playing the play money first then got bored deposit some money then lose it all thru cash games.

I've been playing for a year and a half and it's only last month up to now that I seen myself improving drastically.

My favorite games are The Big $11($50k) $11 Sunday Storm($100k) and the $3.3R($40K) because I can afford the buy in and if I bag any of this. The prize is really satisfying enough. I'm hoping for my ONE TIME BIG TIME in any of these tourneys

For my bankroll boosters and if I have limited time I prefer to play $3.5R 180 man. This kind of tournament really boost my bankroll. I won two 1st place, 2nd place and 4th place

I also won the $4.4 180man.

The secret for my big improvement is the hand analysis forum. It's just simple just put a hand that you think you could have played better or want to know if you played it right.

blog post:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=22231

forum post:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...stake&page=101

facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1144512387

I promote our site to get more members link:

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ee+poker+money

http://www.buyandsellph.com/details/...money-for-free

**JAN MotM REQUIREMENTS MET**

Last edited by marvinsytan; Tue Jan 31, 2012 at 01:57 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 07:17 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Welcome to the forum and to the Member of the Week Promotion Marvinstytan!

It is really gratifying to see your personal poker story here, as hearing how different people got started in the game we all share is part of what brings us together as a community!

If you are interested in different thoughts about managing your bank roll to best effect, be sure to check out the Bank Roll Management forum. There is a lot of good stuff to be found there, and based on your post here I think you;d have a good bit to add to the discussions yourself!

I checked through the application requirements to qualify for the Member of the Week promotion, and this is what I found:

- Link to your blog does not work.
If your blog is new, and has not yet received approval for psoting, the link to it will not be functional. So if you just created your first blog post, as soon as it receives approval please re-post the link.

- No back links to PSO forum or blog posts on your Face Book Wall.
Please note, part of this promotion is about getting the word out to people about PSO. Also, since the view count you receive for your forum post and your blog in the week factors into your score, having more people see those links on your Face Book page can only help your chances to get more views.

Both of these things are required to qualify for the Member of the Week promotion, so please look into fixing your blog link and posting some info links about PSO on your Face Book Wall. As soon as that is done, I will mark your application here as having met requirements and you will be eligible to compete for the Prize package.

Good luck in the Member of the Week competition for Week #4, and Welcome to PSO!

**REQUIREMENTS MET wk #4**

-JDean

Last edited by JDean; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 08:54 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Welcome to the forum and to the Member of the Week Promotion Marvinstytan!

It is really gratifying to see your personal poker story here, as hearing how different people got started in the game we all share is part of what brings us together as a community!

If you are interested in different thoughts about managing your bank roll to best effect, be sure to check out the Bank Roll Management forum. There is a lot of good stuff to be found there, and based on your post here I think you;d have a good bit to add to the discussions yourself!

I checked through the application requirements to qualify for the Member of the Week promotion, and this is what I found:

- Link to your blog does not work.
If your blog is new, and has not yet received approval for psoting, the link to it will not be functional. So if you just created your first blog post, as soon as it receives approval please re-post the link.

- No back links to PSO forum or blog posts on your Face Book Wall.
Please note, part of this promotion is about getting the word out to people about PSO. Also, since the view count you receive for your forum post and your blog in the week factors into your score, having more people see those links on your Face Book page can only help your chances to get more views.

Both of these things are required to qualify for the Member of the Week promotion, so please look into fixing your blog link and posting some info links about PSO on your Face Book Wall. As soon as that is done, I will mark your application here as having met requirements and you will be eligible to compete for the Prize package.

Good luck in the Member of the Week competition for Week #4, and Welcome to PSO!

-JDean

Hi, JDean

is it working now? Can you check it again please. thank you so much i appreciate it.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
No Marvinsytan, the link posted in the application thread is not yet working.

I have found your blog though, and I will post a link here to one of those and see if it works.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=10090

If that link works (when I send this), then can give you instructions on how to post a working link, ok?

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Yes, the link I posted does work.

Here is what you need to do to have a valid link up in your application:

1) Go to your blog.
2) Click on "read more" for the blog entry you wish to submit as part of your application.
3) Copy the URL that appears in the search engine block for the Operating system you are using (different OS like internet explorer or fire fox or chrome will show up differently, but the URL is always above the page info)
4) open your application post by hitting "edit" and DELETE the current link.
5) paste the new link to the blog you want to submit.

That should work!

If you want to use the blog post for your application that I tested above, all you have to do is copy that, and edit it into your app thread, ok?

Please note though Marvinsytan, you sill lack any PSO links on your Face Book wall. Part of qualifying for the promotion requires you to post links to your forum and blog posts on Social Media, and until that is done you are not yet qualifed for Week #4.

Thanks.

-JDean

Last edited by JDean; Mon Dec 05, 2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Your blog link now works, but to meet the requirements you still have to put links to your blog and forum post on your FaceBook wall.

Thanks.

-JDean

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Your blog link now works, but to meet the requirements you still have to put links to your blog and forum post on your FaceBook wall.

Thanks.

-JDean
yes, i did this already

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#8)
i post my forum and blog to my facebook already

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Marvinstyan, when I open your FB account and check your wall, I do not see any links. Do you possibly have your setting to keep your Wall posts private?

If so, then you will have to make that info public to qualify. If you want to keep your privacy settings on Face Book (if that is what you have), then you can always open a Twitter account and promote your forum and Blog posts with links to PSO there.

Here is an example, using a post I've put on MY Face Book Wall, to help show you what it should look like:

http://www.facebook.com/Jimmydean1967?sk=wall

Hope it helps!

-JDean

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 11:11 AM
(#10)
helps a lot. thank you so much. im sorry for my ignorance.

i click the public already can you check. sorry for the inconvinience

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#11)
anyone who reads my story can you give me a holler

just a smiley face or just say hi

will be very much appreciated

thank you guys

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
There you go! you have it now marvinstyan!

Good luck this week!

-JDean

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#13)
yes im in

to all the readers don't forget to say hi or leave some comments

it will be greatly appreciated

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#14)
no replies?

where are my fellow kababayans? we have 80 million population.

where are my facebook friends? I thought you are my friends.

i need support.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 04:23 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
facebook link not working 4 me

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
my facebook link or your facebook link?

if it is yours maybe pokershoolonline is just approving it go back again and link it again. I think it will work now. Hope this helps

did you join?

give me your link so I can check it out

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
lol no not mine, your says unavailable... and being in the USA I am not eligible to participate

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#18)
got busto early in my fav Big$11 tourney my AK vs Kh8h can't hold to the post flop all in at Kc9hjh board villain hit flush at the river to my dismay.

no worries if we put our chips in good we'll get good results long term

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#19)
Quote:

thank you for informing me I'll check it.

did you log in already n your own facebook account?

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 05:09 PM
(#20)
Quote:
lol no not mine, your says unavailable... and being in the USA I am not eligible to participate

i checked it and it's working i think you need to log in first to your facebook account to view it.

thank you for your info. appreciate it very much. if your in the states do you have online poker sites there?

are you winning?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com