Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

20 FPP Tourney

Old
20 FPP Tourney - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi, just made the money for my first time in a 20 FPP Tourney today, I got an AA on the early stage that got me to double up to around $4500, then, just when I made the money got KK, all in again (with around $3500) against 2 big stacks, went up to over $10000. (I have been reading about MTTs and learned that I should play looser, but at this point I hadn't read that part). Any way, we are about 350players left and I get QQ, a big stack calls the BB and had been playing a lot, although he had been showing some very good and some very bad hands, the small stack that goes all in had been playing pretty loose. Maybe I should have gone all in from the beggining to show more strenght? Since I had shown to be a tight player, I didn't expect the big stack to call, and even less to have KQo.

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 08:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
once you get ITM, unless there is a big payout jump (which there isn't at this stage of this tourney... at least there wasn't when I played in it), you want to be in chip accumulation mode to try to get a final table.

In this hand, absolutely no problem with playing QQ, I would in a second, but instead of just calling the first shove and then putting the rest in on the flop, I'd be re-shoving right then. You don't want the bigstack 3rd player that origiinally limped seeing the flop for anything less than costing them the maximum chips.

Most likely they'd have called, but you never know.... but you should be putting the pressure on them preflop here with a premium hand.

good cash in it!

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 03:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
You have 8 BBs. QQ is an auto shove preflop pretty much regardless of the action in front.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 09:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
You have 8 BBs. QQ is an auto shove preflop pretty much regardless of the action in front.
+1

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Aye +1 Standard auto shove spot, pray it holds and if it doesn't know you had to do it either way

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com