Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

the worst ever bad beat i've encounter

Old
the worst ever bad beat i've encounter - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 08:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I m speechless.... Almost ITM, these calling station play like this.

!^#*#&^@&*^#@!&$^(@!#

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
That's pretty sick, but I'd have been shoving on the flop, that would have changed everything. Sometimes that seemingly harmless extra card is just enough encouragement....

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
That's pretty sick, but I'd have been shoving on the flop, that would have changed everything. Sometimes that seemingly harmless extra card is just enough encouragement....

+1

Old
Wink
Had exactly same!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mon Dec 05, 2011, 06:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
I had exactly the same situation but i did shove but guess what same result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had pair jacks 5 times i have won with them once the only time i did not win when i did not shove !!!!!!!!! Its really sick when they hit the straight or a flush when they go allin with 7 4 unsuited and hit a full house yeah that happened to me when i had 3 aces go figure lol yeah and it also happened when i got called allin when i was in the bb by the sb guess what he turned over 7 2 i thought no problem laughed my head off i had him covered with chips so i called guess what i was holding aces then he hit a straight crazy !!!!!!!!!! I its so frustrating i just cant seem to read these players !!!!!!!!!!! They play everything and raise everything with nothing !!!!!!!!!!! Hope your bad beat does not go on for long good players always rise to the top in end i went through a terrible run for about 3 weeks could not win a hand let alone a tour but i won a sit and go other day and had some good money finishes in between that bad run so i guess what i am trying to say you can not win every hand and this kind of thing is going to happen with the maniacs but stick with it play strong and in between the bad results will be the good ones i have not changed my style some weeks it pays some it doesnt but not going to play the maniacs way because i wont win anything again would rather lose a few hands then a tour playing like a maniac love from the diva to you and yours x

Old
Wink
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
l don't get his (vilian) logic, he had nothing on the flop. Most wqould fold. L don't thing you did anything wrong. The only thing l can say is that's poker for you.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by divabrae View Post
I had exactly the same situation but i did shove but guess what same result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had pair jacks 5 times i have won with them once the only time i did not win when i did not shove !!!!!!!!! Its really sick when they hit the straight or a flush when they go allin with 7 4 unsuited and hit a full house yeah that happened to me when i had 3 aces go figure lol yeah and it also happened when i got called allin when i was in the bb by the sb guess what he turned over 7 2 i thought no problem laughed my head off i had him covered with chips so i called guess what i was holding aces then he hit a straight crazy !!!!!!!!!! I its so frustrating i just cant seem to read these players !!!!!!!!!!! They play everything and raise everything with nothing !!!!!!!!!!! Hope your bad beat does not go on for long good players always rise to the top in end i went through a terrible run for about 3 weeks could not win a hand let alone a tour but i won a sit and go other day and had some good money finishes in between that bad run so i guess what i am trying to say you can not win every hand and this kind of thing is going to happen with the maniacs but stick with it play strong and in between the bad results will be the good ones i have not changed my style some weeks it pays some it doesnt but not going to play the maniacs way because i wont win anything again would rather lose a few hands then a tour playing like a maniac love from the diva to you and yours x
ever hear of punctuation?

Old
manners - Mon Dec 05, 2011, 07:18 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
you ever heard off manners was not aware i was at school !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 10:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Lol the s in pso does stand for school..
And ultra, if an 8out river is your worst bad beat, concider yourself very fortunate...
Not sayin he didn't play it hideously, but still....

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 06:34 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
I believe that this is a deceptive line of thinking. Sure, you would have won the hand (probably), but you would have won because you scared away the silly man by overbet-shoving for 2.5x the pot. He was ~15% to win when he went all-in on the turn, so ultimately, without seeing the outcome, the Hero here got the most desirable result.

By shoving the flop, only two pair+ is ever calling, which means that almost nothing worse will call. As played, apparently a lot worse did call, which means the trap that the Hero set worked. The cards just didn't hold up. Sometimes you can't beat bad luck.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 06:37 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I believe that this is a deceptive line of thinking. Sure, you would have won the hand (probably), but you would have won because you scared away the silly man by overbet-shoving for 2.5x the pot. He was ~15% to win when he went all-in on the turn, so ultimately, without seeing the outcome, the Hero here got the most desirable result.

By shoving the flop, only two pair+ is ever calling, which means that almost nothing worse will call. As played, apparently a lot worse did call, which means the trap that the Hero set worked. The cards just didn't hold up. Sometimes you can't beat bad luck.

I hadn't thought of that, but I try not to trap too often. I really hate it when my perfect trap gets outdrawn on the river, so I'm inclined to avoid that situation and the ensuing tilt.

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
lol, I know how bad tilt can be. I guess anything to avoid that should be priority numero uno.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:21 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post

+1

Shoving the flop here is a huge leak value wise. You can't be scared of the occasional bad beat and make large over bets that price players out that would merrily call you off to the river when they are only 20% or worse to win the hand. That's just punting value over the long haul.

This is a very hard lesson for some to learn (was for me for sure...) as the simple truth is that the human psyche being wired as it is we remember the times we get beat in spots like this much more than the more standard and numerous results of the hands holding up.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 09:02 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2011
When that 8d comes on the turn, he could easily have both straight and flush draws, so you shove three of a kind at a potentially disastrous point, even more so against someone who has you well covered!

I think you're not looking at the board, the potential for your opponent to have a valid drawing hand. I mean, in this particular case he doesnt - but he covers you so maybe he fancies a longer shot gamble this time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com