Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

why did you join pokerschool?

Old
why did you join pokerschool? - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 10:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi all,i joined pokerschool for 1 reason,sitting in a mtt an high ranked player started to speak to me in chat,he said i shoud play in wsop,lol how funny that sounded to me,he explained he was on opr and checking out my mtt results,so i chekd them out myself and after veiwing this though omg i probably could play n the wsop was good enough but knew i had a severe tilt problem and my bro pokerpest72 suggested i give this a look,over a week my tilt has slightly improved still not fixed but no doubt better,so why did you join pokerschool?

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
I first joined for the freerolls and the chance to make something for nada.then i started to check out all the other stuff in the PSO and surprise surprise i found a whole bunch of useful information. now im hooked. Thank you PSO

GL y all

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
to get chics...

hiccup

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
to get chics...

hiccup

lol how's that workin out for ya?

With regards to OP, I joined basically for the free shot at big money. However, the league and players involved in pso tend to grow on you over the months as an added bonus.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
to get chics...

hiccup
Same reason u became a rock star, wasn't it?

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I joined because my ex was yelling at me about losses at poker on line.

Seriously.

I had cashed a couple times, and really thought I knew what I was doing. We got into a "discussion" one day, and that led me to check my history on Stars. I was about $4,000 in the red, after my cash outs.

The losses in terms of money were not great, in fact sine they happened over the course of about a year or so, it was roughly the cost of a dinner and a movie once a week. the fact I blew that on poker never caused us to miss a bill nor miss a night out.

But my ex liked to spend money (and she spent a lot MORE than $4k on frivilous stuff in a year! ), so she saw my losses as a waste.

I guess If I were blowing about $500 a month on clothes, running a weekly grocery budget of about $350 for 2 people, and could tally additional "fun" type purchases of upwards of $10k a year (included in that, $1300 for a treadmill we used twice, $1000 on various garden stuff that never got planted, $800 bucks for patio furniture we used for 1 party, and a $500 gas barbeque grill that was used maybe 3 times, but who is counting! ), I'd be kinda upset at a "wasted" $4k that I didn't get to blow on new furniture...

(even tho we had a $6000 living room set that was only 3 years old, ok, I'll stop counting now!).

Anyway...

Since I LIKED poker, and since I was depositing about $50 to $75 per week just about every week, when I saw my bottom line on an actual screen, I thought it was time to learn WHY I was losing.

After that, it was a simple matter of using google, and finding PSO. My $300+ per month habit dropped nearly instantly down to just the $15 per month member fee for the old site. I SAW how much info I did not know on just my first visit to PSO, and I probably spent no more than maybe $1000 or so over the next couple YEARS. Afterall, I'm not STUPID; if there was that much more to learn, that much I didn't know, until I learned it I had no reason to be playing for real $ at all!

So that was how I found PSO, and the rest is history!

...and so is the ex by the way!

Last edited by JDean; Mon Dec 05, 2011 at 03:26 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
I joined because i'm a big fish and within the couple of weeks i've been on here,i have changed my game, i can play sng,s and cash both at a profit now, a small one granted, but this big fish is growing a small finn

Whats this poker school done for me,

learn,t me how to fold better.
learn,t me how to bet better.
learn,t me how to range a player better.
learn,t me to stop tilting by having a better knowledge of the game.
learn't me proper bankroll management.
learn,t me i still need to learn alot more.

Pokerstars players that dont take advantage of this site must be tapped in the head, all this valuable, information along with training and a answer for any poker question you can think of,
and its FREE.

I,m addicted to poker and pokerschool im loving it bro i'm really enjoying the game at the moment

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
The old hedgehog never played online poker before I attended a dealer's school. No lie. Only poker I knew was 5-card draw from the time of CompuServe. Talk about your primative graphics and the joys of dial-up speeds of 2400 KPH. Have I dated myself yet?

Used the usual search engines and learned this was the largest poker site. I figured largest had the most free stuff. Was so right. Blew through half the play chips they give you, and then swore to play only the freerolls. Won a few tickets and had a real cash balance under a dollar.

Then came the school. Hedgehog is no fool. They offered free money for playing a freeroll game if you passed a test. Took the lessons and quickly learned what a (explative deleted) fool I was. First thing I learned was an ace in your hand does not equal a great hand. All pocket pairs are not equal. I always thought those guaranteed winners. Kind of explains why I finished so far down in those astrology freerolls.

Such lessons taught me I had a lot to learn. The school offered a great learning environment and it offered the all-important incentive of cash. The forum gave me a chance at learning how others played, which taught me even more about poker than the lessons ever did.

So the short answer is the opportunity at earning free money. The longer answer is to improve my game. Thought I was well on the way to doing both before Black Friday. I might not be able to address the primary reason any more, but there's opportunities to improve if you take them.

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 02:20 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
I joined to try to to win the monthly leader board prizes.

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
I joined because i'm a big fish and within the couple of weeks i've been on here,i have changed my game, i can play sng,s and cash both at a profit now, a small one granted, but this big fish is growing a small finn

Whats this poker school done for me,

learn,t me how to fold better.
learn,t me how to bet better.
learn,t me how to range a player better.
learn,t me to stop tilting by having a better knowledge of the game.
learn't me proper bankroll management.
learn,t me i still need to learn alot more.

Learn't me more gooder english too! and some cipherin' and guzintas along the way as well

Last edited by mtnestegg; Tue Dec 06, 2011 at 12:53 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#11)
Daniel Nagranou told me to.

(he spoke to me from my tv screen)

Intrestingly i signed up in July 2010. My first post in the foru was 31st Aug 2011.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com