Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

Da Sens Fan Member of the Week #4

Old
Da Sens Fan Member of the Week #4 - Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Da Sens Fan's application for MOTW #4

Information about your poker history, how long you've been playing, favourite games, career highs.

Howdy folks! I've been playing poker online since 2005 on pokerstars in large part due to the hockey lockout. I had to fill the long winters with an addiction and poker seemed like a solid choice. Needless to say I caught the poker bug bad and have never looked back. I deposited $50 back then and have not needed to do so since, slowly grinding up the old bankroll.

My favourite games now are PLO8 and PLO , mainly because I love the massive variance swings. I still grind out the NLHE tables but nowhere near as often as I did when first starting. I seem to go back and forth between games never truly making up my mind on my favourites. Maybe it's time to take on Badugi .... weeeeeeee!

My career high would be a 5k tournament win on Full Tilt (Sorry *chuckle*) On pokerstars I generated my bankroll through micro sng's at first and have recently focused on cash games. I took full advantage of the Battle of the Planets promo that pokerstars offers when I was in my peak Sng grinding phase. It definitely helped give that extra juice to the bankroll.

Best lesson you've learnt in poker up to now?
By far the best lesson I've learned in poker apart from the general basics is controlling my tilt. Back in the day I would get so upset over even the most standard of beats. Now I'm able to shrug off the nastiest of nasties , understanding that I want my opponents to play piss poorly, even if it hurt me at the time. Part of dealing with it is obviously having a better understanding of hand ranges / odds etc. When I first started out playing poker I had no idea as to why calling down with any two cards may be the proper move in certain situations. I would be one of those people complaining about somebody calling my shove with J-9 even if they were laying something oustanding like ten to 1 odds lol. Tilt sounds like a simple lesson to learn but it was very hard for me personally. I have a temper :P

What methods do you use to improve your game?

I use pokertracker software and run over hand histories fairly often as well as talk poker to friends all the time. I also absolutely LOVE the pro videos PSO has been offering. Some of them were real eye openers. My favourite has been WizardOfahhs on CAP games, a game I really want to start learning as it look like tremendous fun filled action. He kept calling the players that were using standard 3x bb raises very poor cap game players. If I never watched that video I would have been doing the same thing - woops.

Right now it is all about volume for me, trying to put in many , many hands and keeping an open mind to various learning strategies. PSO's been great for doing this cheaply and still getting a reward. MTT's have long been my weakest poker format and hitting those final tables has often eluded me. Definitely still a work in process.

One style of poker I am currently trying to work on is a better LAG style of play. I am jealous of the players that can pull this strategy off with consistent profits. I was guilty of reading the standard poker books which stressed TAG TAG TAG and never really worked on other styles. I would love to be able to work in a better multi-gear poker game in the future instead of just having 1-2 gears, which obviously makes me too predictable to anybody paying attention. I've seen a few good posts here and in 2+2 regarding improving ones LAG style, hopefully one day I will find a way to apply it to my game properly. Practice makes perfect ....

Links to your best blog post and your best forum post.

Best Blog Post:
Title - MY PERSONAL HUD CUSTOMIZATION
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=20685
- basically a description of my personal favourite HuD customizations for pt3

Best Forum Post: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ter+side+poker
- I've responded to quite a few hand analysis type forum posts but this one is my favourite even though it has nothing to do with general strategy. It is more of a poker mindset post. Keeping things light as a reminder that poker is meant to be fun, even if it is infuriating at times.

Promote your blog post and forum post via any Social Media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter.

Posted it to my twitter account - @SenatorsFan

Posted new HuD Customization Blog on @PokerSchool101 for my poker addicts http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=20685

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 05:46 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
gl sens!!

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
In order to meet the requirements of the promotion, please complete the following:

- Post a functioning blog link.
the link post here does not work. If you need help with that, please let me know!

Here is what you need to do to have a valid link up in your application:

1) Go to your blog.
2) Click on "read more" for the blog entry you wish to submit as part of your application.
3) Copy the URL that appears in the search engine block for the Operating system you are using (different OS like internet explorer or fire fox or chrome will show up differently, but the URL is always above the page info)
4) open your application post by hitting "edit" and DELETE the current link.
5) paste the new link to the blog you want to submit.

That should work!

That was a very funny forum post Da Sens, and the picts were great.

As soon as you get the blog link to work, all you will be qualifed for week #4.

Good Luck!

**REQUIREMENTS MET wk #4**

-JDean

Last edited by JDean; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#4)
Woops sorry about that Jd, as soon as I finish this pso tourny I'll figure out what I did wrong. Thanks

And thank you Roomik

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Interesting

GL Shaun

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Interesting

GL Shaun

tyvm spikette

Old
Thumbs up
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Shaun ,

I want to wish u the very best of LUCK . If there is anyone I know U deserve this Player of the week . Your a gr8 friend and I've learned a lot from ya . Cant wait for the day to play some PLO w ya .

Come on everyone VOTE for Da Send Fan !!!!!!

HUGS ,

Mary

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 02:34 PM
(#8)
tyvm KITTY !

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#9)
Trying to fix up that Blog link JD. Have a feeling its cuz I modified today. Saw a message regarding having to wait for verification or something. Once it gets through I'm hoping it works. If not I will just use another one.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 02:43 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Yup Da Sens, a blog link awaiting approal for posting is going to pop up as a broken link.

As soon as it posts though, the link should go active. The thing is, you'll have to RE-POST your link. The one that is there now will not simply start working.

If you have any problems once your new blog post appears, please let me know!

-JDean

Old
Humour is the Best Poker Friend - Mon Dec 05, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#11)
Lol Da Sens, I am sitting in a tourney and getting nothing but deuces dealt to me,
just about ready to tilt big time, and then I go to your post and all is well once again.
Humour is a saving grace.

This post and the responses to it, brought me out of my tilt.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ter+side+poker

Cant wait to read anything you post after your winner of the week games are completed.

Thank you

Old
Wink
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
tyvm KITTY !

YVVVVW and LMFAO Poor Kitty

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 07:33 PM
(#13)
There we go , everything went through. When you get a moment could you double check the blog link now JD, to see if it is working ok now? Thx

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 07:37 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
DISCO!

All is good now Da Sens...Good Luck!

-JDean

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 11:12 PM
(#15)
Ol Mud
(Mudcreek)
I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors, Shaun. Your input in our poker discussions has become a valuable part of my education and I'm grateful to be able to call you a friend. I hope this works out for ya, bud.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 11:33 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Just read your blog on color coding the HUD stats. I'm a big fan of that too

Best of luck in the MoW!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#17)
Thank you for the kind words

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 08:16 PM
(#18)
Hey Royal, if it's not too much of a hastle, could you tell me how you made that sig with a link to blog like that? No idea how you rename the link.

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2007
Well he taught me how to do it too! Thanks raiser!

Just highlight the text you wish to insert and then click on the earth symbol with the link and insert your link/url.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:59 AM
(#20)
Testing Testing 1 - 2 - 3 ....

Edit: That's Awesome, thx tc / raiser

My Latest Blog
You might be A King or a Little Street Sweeper But Sooner or Later you Dance with the Reaper!

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 10:01 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com