Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

Member of the week

Old
Smile
Member of the week - Tue Dec 06, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Member of the week request ( week #4)
By 01ghost10

Hello there poker players,
How exciting is it to be a part of poker stars right now???
I am absolutely loving the challenges of all promotions including PSO and the 10th anniversary promos...awesome!!! Big cash to be won :P

Any way , i'm here to promote myself for member of the week, ( what a fantastic prize)....

I started playing No limit hold'em poker back in 2007 when I signed up to poker stars after seeing the world series of poker on t.v. Once I saw the game, i knew it was the game for me. When i signed up I had a very limited idea of what i was doing, but boy was I having a good time playing. I started with freerolls and play money for about 6-8 months before i made my first deposit. That is when i was hooked. It is fun and it doesn't cost a lot of money. I mostly play micro stakes multi table tourneys, some small stake s'n'gs and every now and then I'll play micro stake ring games at hold'em and Omaha hi/lo.
As well as online, I play live games weekly, in fact I am playing In a "finals" game this Sunday ( wish me luck) in a local league where the top 16 from each area qualify. It is the 9th season, I won season 4 which i will add as my career highlight...so far.
The best lessons I have learnt would have to be early on in my days, just watching how other players played against me and each other. Learning when to raise, rerasie and hold back on betting etc. Even in live games now, I find myself watcjhing other players like a hawk to see how they play and what i can learn from them, as i always say.. the game has the same rules for everyone, but everyone plays differently
I have gained many new skills and knowledge from PSO and by reading many, many, many articles online and other players posts in forums such as this one... i find it all valuable and am willing to try various methods to become a better player.
Here is a link to my blog which i posted on twitter also
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...2&preview=true

Enjoy the game and i hope to raise my levels soon.
thanks for reading... BYE...

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 05:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome to the forum 01ghost10, and to the Member of the Week.

Looking through your application I see there are a couple of things which need to be fixed before all the requirements are met:

1) Fix Blog Link.
Your blog link is not active. This happens usually when a new blog post is submitted and has not yet been reviewed by the moderators. I looked, and your blog is posted now, so please edit the blog link on your application post to include the new URL. Thanks.

2) Promote on Face Book/Twitter
You state in your application that you are promoting on Twitter, but you do not give us a link to show that you have put a PSO link up. Please provide a link to show that you have posted a PSO link on Twitter.

3) No Forum Thread link.
The promotion requires that you submit both a blog AND a forum thread that you started, in order to meet the requirements for entry. you do not have a forum link in your application.

As soon as all these issues are fixed 01ghost10, you will be qualified for the Week #4 competition.

Good Luck!

-JDean

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com