Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Runner Runner

Old
Runner Runner - Tue Dec 06, 2011, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Why o why do players call an all in and then hit runner runner to take me out.

Its just happened again.

I feel players believe I am bluffing and call without a hand, then they hit runner runner and hit a straight or flush. I know this is terrible tourmament play, but it seems to happen alot to me.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Richard

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24 ***

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 10:10 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The entire goal of poker is to get your chips in while you are ahead. If you're doing that, then that's all you can do as a player. You want to be making the best decisions in a hand and NOT be results oriented.

The situation you are in with individual hands, for example, how many are in the pot, what part of the tournament is it, what are the stack sizes of everyone involved (or potentially involved), what reads do you have on an opponent. All of these things will influence what you need to do in a hand.

If it's early in a tournament, for example, you do not want to be shoving all your chips in without a made hand, especially into a multi-way pot.

Without more infomation on a given situation, it's hard to tell you exactly what to do, because each situation is going to be unique.

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#4)
Many thanks JWK

This is my first time on forum and wasnt sure if this was the right place to post. Where should I have posted.

I know poker is a bit of a gamble. I was on button and raised his flat call, he called. Only 2 left at this point. He was big stack and bullying with nothing on most hands. It was 4th level, after flop he min raised, I went all in with 2nd pair. After a while he called my all in and hit runner runner to give him a straight. A-5

I know I was a bit reckless, to go all in, but down to 10bb's had hit and gut feeling he hadnt. This is not 1st time been called like this, most times by bigger stacks that only have a high card. I play quite tight most times and only raise all in when hit at least 2nd pair.

There does seem to be alot of very loose calls by the bigger stacks and they hit runner runner to knock out smaller stacks.

I guess there is no way to play correct against this, it's just a race every time and I seem to loose most.......its off my chest now, I will play tighter in future.

Cheers

Richard

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to the forum. Here's a link to some good information that will get you started that was put together by our new members coordinator.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...etting-Started

In the 4th level, there are still going to be a lot of maniacs still out there and even worse for 2nd pair.... calling stations.

You do want to be more patient at this point in a tourney (2nd pair is really risky against some opponent types).

Here are some links of videos on the different types of players and how to deal with them along with one for hand reading and position. These should be a good start for you.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r-exploitation
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ith-Aggression
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...3-Hand-Reading
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...on-23-Position

P.S. If you're not sure where to post a thread, put it where you think it will fit best and if we know of a better place we'll gladly move it for you. It's not a problem, we're just trying to help place things so that you'll get the best responses.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 06:56 AM
(#6)
Many thanks for assistance JWK catch you on the tables.

Cheers

Richard

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 07:21 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britpolski View Post
Many thanks JWK

This is my first time on forum...........
Cheers

Richard
Welcome to PSO Richard,

Ask plenty of questions, that's what I do!

Great to see you here!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
stack - Thu Dec 08, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
poker not a fair game that whats great about it.your right chip leader do seem to be lucky.i call it luck of the stack.hes not risking tourny you are annoying i know ,just wait for run of luck[and sing when your winning lol ] only joking just enjoy when your time comes...i try not to notice what card my oppnent needs because they come in alot when i do.very uncanny.all the best vandel.39.....PSlet me know when you have achange of luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com