Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Pokertracker 3 ADVISE! Please!

Old
Pokertracker 3 ADVISE! Please! - Tue Dec 06, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hello, i dont have the pokerstracker, but have used trial and find it kind of useful, I would like to know, if it gets the player info on an online database or just from local harddrive stored hands? Because last time i tried it, it just showed my stats based on the hands recorded on my own computer. AND I have seen very incomplete stats of old level players, (stats of old players based on just few hands) . So, if I delete my hands history from my computer I hide my stats somehow? Where I can learn all that stuff?

Andre

Old
Tue Dec 06, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Poker Tracker only stores data from the people that you have played with or are playing with. Any software that provides you with any additional data when you are playing would give you an unfair advantage over your opponents.

If you look at the link below you will see a list of tools and software that are allowed and prohibited by Pokerstars:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

In terms of Pokertracker I am not sufficiently knowledgeable of the product to give you feedback but I can definitely tell you that deleting your hand histories off your hard drive will not make it unavailable to other players you have played against who are using PokerTracker3: you are only deleting your own data not the data the software has collected.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Pokertracker 3 (and Holdem manager) only takes the information from your hard drive and also only stores the information on your hard drive.

From this you could think of it as taking notes for you (and only for you) while you play.

In order to learn more go to the site where you got the trial and look around PT3 has good guide books and Holdem manager as some good videos.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
yes because you can always upgrade once you climb up in ranks

Old
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
is it worth gttting pt3 micro version? Also, what tracks stud or omaha and the other game variants?
PT3 does that too - but you need to subscribe to the add-ons - additional fee

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
**moved**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com