Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

Abdi122 Member of week

Old
Abdi122 Member of week - Tue Dec 06, 2011, 11:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello all, Abdi Khalif here (But you all know me as Abdi122)...So this is my application for member of the week (I hope I'm doing it correctly btw)...

1) Information about your poker history, how long you've been playing, favourite games, career highs.

[COLOR="Blue"]I've been playing poker since 2005, I started out live poker, and gradually found my way into online poker (Might seem kinda of cheesy), I only started live poker because, I actually watched team Pokerstars pro "Chris Moneymakers" Big win and thus that's the reason I started playing live (Dreaming big, lol)...I seriously thought I knew this game, and how hard could it be (It's only cards right? That was my type of thinking back when I started playing...(I also realize that Moneymakers win was prior to me starting but I watched the video of his win in like 2005, so to me it was brand new....My favorite type of game (For me personally is, limit games), but I play mainly NL games (So then you must be asking, why is limit my favorite when I play mainly NL right)? Well it's quite simple, I play mainly NL because A)I don't have a br at the moment, B) Cuz I mostly play tourneys and the majority of tourneys I play on here (with the buy in I can afford is the lower end range, and thus that's why it's NL..Yet I'd also like to add when I do dable in cash games, I do it with limit holdem/pot limit holdem, so thus I'd still say limit is my favorite game over all (Even though I play mostly NL).....Career highs (I'm such a lush/drooler)...Well since I (I assume I must be forth right coming correct with all my info)? I have lost alot of money when I first started out, like I'd say in the range of 8+K cash (From my pocket into the visa card, and thus onto the cashier on the sites I play at)...All this with in acouple of years (Not something I'm proud to announce personally (Yet lesson learnt in all those games, was I suck, and thus need to improve, not to mention, why I suck, and why I can't win and so forth and so on...So After couple of years loading/reloading/re-re-loading... So after numerous times trying to win "The Big Games"I gave up depositing...So last year after so many years online, I went over on another site, and I started out on the site with a free-roll (Where I won, $5), from that $5, I ended up making it to almost 7k cash, playing mtts (All within a month, If proof needed I can I supply it)....Anyways, over at the site, I didn't know, but they at the time were holding a promo to the "WPT, 5 Diamond Classic", all from making there leader boards during the month...Well can you believe I won that WPT package also...So they gave me $12,500+7K cash from the site all from a free roll (Yeah meeeeeeeee right), I finally thought I had the game figured out (I was winning)...Well my wife was always telling me to cash it all out, but the site had these weird restrictions on it, where I can only cash out $2500 max a week...Well I don't want to recall the past mistakes once again, so here's the short version of it, I cashed out nearly 10k of the money, and I lost all the rest playing $100-$200 HU (Yes I lost the rest all at $100-$200 HU and too boot it was all with-in 10 minutes)... So I can say I did play have 1 hell of a time playing that high up, yet it sucked once the ride ended.. /COLOR]

2) Best lesson you've learnt in poker up to now?

Well as you read from the above story, the best lesson I can say I've learned from my time playing poker...I'd have to say is really "Bankroll Management", yes I know I'm saying this now while broke (And really you have all the right not to believe me, when I state B.R management is the way to go)...Yet I can say I really learnt this lesson the hard way, when you lose little amounts at a time (As I did over years), I never really learnt anything besides I was getting unlucky (Cuz I thought I was the greatest player ever), yet when 1 loses more money then one can imagine ever having at 1 giving time (From nothing too boot, while that person that lost that money has nothing himself at that present time, that money he just lost actually touches a nerve and makes a person really think about what he just lost, and why and how)

3) What methods do you use to improve your game?

While I can say I learnt my lesson (a very hard way), I also realized in that time that the reason I lost was because of my lack of poker knowledge...So what I did to improve my game was I read alot of books, and watched alot of videos over at the PSO video areas, and lots of going over my hand histories online and just over all study, study, study....I really don't want another person to go through the "Bewilderment at losing such amounts of money, or any amount of money which means a great deal to a person ever, nor do I that's why I having changed up my game over all)

Links to your best blog post and your best forum post.

I had many reviews from members on this post so I'd say this is 1 of my favorite ones personally

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=14110

Best post I'd say, it's best because I actually got help in dealing with tilt issues in this thread thus why I really like this 1

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...hlight=abdi122

5) Promote your blog post and forum post via any Social Media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter.

I did it via Face book btw

I hope I did everything correctly and I hope everyone enjoyed reading it all...Until next time take care, and gla (Especially moi)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (98.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by abdi122; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: I did something wrong

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome to the MOW Promotion Abdi122!

As of right now, The link to your blog is broken. This will have to be fixed before you are qualified for this week's contest.

If you would please, go back to your blog now that it is published, and paste the link that appears at the top of the page (when you hit "review" to look at the blog) to your application thread. This is a common problem that folks are having, and it is pretty easy to fix once your blog has been approved (As I see it has been). If you have any difficulties with that, just post on here and I'll give you more detailed instructions.

The problem here is that the links posted from the page BEFORE a blog is approved for publication do not work in the forum. Once you've updated that link in your application, you will be qualified for this week's MOW!

Good luck this week and let me know if you have any issues with editing your application!

**REQUIREMENTS MET, wk #4**

-JDean

Last edited by JDean; Thu Dec 08, 2011 at 12:31 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:13 AM
(#3)
Just removing the broken links

Last edited by abdi122; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: was told to remove it

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 01:39 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
See this part of your URL for your blog Abdi122: blo...8&preview=true

That says you are linking us to the PREVIEW of your blog, not to the blog itself.

You need to OPEN your blog entry itself, as if you were reading it not editing it, and paste THAT URL.

-JDean

Last edited by JDean; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 01:43 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#5)
Ty for being so patient to explain it to this cave man....

Now I did this, I went to my blog, from there I didnt go to the preview area, I click on the top area where it states blogs, from there I typed my name in and thus lead me to the blog I'm trying to paste...Hope this works

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Good luck with this abdi122 -

you have always been a worthy opponent at the PSO League tables and it will be interesting to hear more about you and your poker experiences through the blog/forum posts

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 06:14 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi122 View Post
Ty for being so patient to explain it to this cave man....

Now I did this, I went to my blog, from there I didnt go to the preview area, I click on the top area where it states blogs, from there I typed my name in and thus lead me to the blog I'm trying to paste...Hope this works

This link works.

Please use the "edit" button, and remove the broken blog link, and put this one in its place on your application thread. As soon as you do that, I will mark you as having met the requirements.

Thanks.

-JDean

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 03:52 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Well Everyone learnt from their Mistakes.Nice to see someone recovering such a big loss
way to go

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Nice to see some familiar faces from PSO representin'! So interesting getting to read the poker stories of people from the league ... aslo if it weren't for this contest, I'd have never seen that old thread of yours that you made when you were on tilt because I was on a break from PSO in March ... that was a great read!

GL with MOTW Abdi!!

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hi!

Applications for week #5 are now open.

Please indicate by posting on your thread some time this week that you want to take part in week #5 (assuming you do not win week #3 that is! )
If you are no longer interested in participating, a note on that is helpful as well.

A couple of helpful tips to increase your chances:

1) Update the links in your application thread.
New forum posts and blog posts tend to be more active than older ones, so replacing out dated links to threads which have run their course can help your score.
Make sure you update your application post itself, and not just post new links in the thread!

2) Try to make your content and style of posts as interesting as possible.
Not only does a compelling blog or forum thread generate more interest for the reader (thus more views), your MOW links will be judged on style and content too; the more interesting they are, the better those scores are likely to be!

3) Try to keep the links to your Week #5 blog and forum post submission near the top of your Face Book and Twitter pages.
The more people you can reach via Social Media, the better chance there is you will generate intrest in your posts. If you let your links slip down your Social media pages, fewer people will see them.

Good Luck!

-JDean

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com