Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Bluff happy maniac

Old
Default
Bluff happy maniac - Wed Dec 07, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#1)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
This ops got a vpip of 67% and matching agression and finds it amusing to keep showing his bluffs, dont fault my cbet this was intentional i wanted to do a thin cbet to allow him to bluff, btw flush never even entered the range i had this op on, he likes to bet out at you if he senses any weakness, so i created weakness and let him do the rest
I know this was a 3 way pot but was willing to risk a thin cbet with a gameplan if the other op had called this gameplan would of changed.Dont let maniacs scare you off pots they are using 1 tool, the only tool they have raise .I don't want this hand evaluating thats why i posted it in this forum, i just wanted to share it with u guys.



 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#2)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Moved!!!

I think it is a good candidate for evaluation and will be good learning for other players so I have moved it to Hand Analysis

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 09:25 AM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#3)
joy7108's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,284
Love the hand, I'm glad you posted it.

 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#4)
joy7108's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,284
Love the hand, I'm glad you posted it.

 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#5)
Puciek's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Since he is calling so much pref, you can bet much more - so extract that value and raise it to 0.12-0.14 pref not just 0.8. It will also have much more chance at isolating lose villain.

As played, if he is bluffing so much, why are you betting into him? You got a monster on dry board. Give him the initiative, let him hang himself. If he doesn't pick it up, we then take initiative from the turn on and value bet him to death.

As played rest is pretty basic. But i sill opt to give up the lead OTF.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#6)
oriholic's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 751
BronzeStar
The last thing you want to do is take an aggressive player off his bluff. Check back the flop to look weak. Pretend you have a hand like JJ or 88. Something that just hates seeing an ace on the flop. You want to make him think he can get you off your hand. Call down all three streets. Should be able to get the money in that way.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#7)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,802
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
The last thing you want to do is take an aggressive player off his bluff. Check back the flop to look weak. Pretend you have a hand like JJ or 88. Something that just hates seeing an ace on the flop. You want to make him think he can get you off your hand. Call down all three streets. Should be able to get the money in that way.
I agree with everything but the call down all 3 streets. If it's me, I'm making a value raise on the river.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:45 PM
(#8)
Puciek's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I agree with everything but the call down all 3 streets. If it's me, I'm making a value raise on the river.
Thats a spew, you can't really extract value OTR after calling OTF and OTT. You simply have to call OTR, unless he gives up of course - then you can bet for value usually.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#9)
Puciek's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Actually this recalls me to a hand from my 3rd month playing live poker (so I was still in the very-learning phase, although turning nice profit still).

Game in question is 1/2PLN (1$=3,3PLN or so), I am a new guy in town, playing pretty tight. Game is very loose for me as i am still transitioning from online play to live (so what i consider very loose is "standard" in live cash game reality).

Villain here I have met earlier this week, he is a great loose-aggressive player. We played a lot together in tournaments that precede this cash games (because we were "lucky" enough to all 4 times we were rolling sits to sit either to ones left or right every time). We also talked a lot, he is living from grinding online poker and comes here to have fun. He knows that I can be creative and i think fast, although i don't have much live experience under my belt which sometimes causes me to make bad plays, and makes me play way too tight.

I am on BU with about 280 and Villian is in MP2 with 400-500 in his stack. As said I've been playing pretty tight while he was playing very good LAG.

Pref there are some limpers, MP2 calls, I pop it to 35 with AdQs, everyone but MP2 fold, who calls my bet.
Flop comes AhQhTc and he donks it for 40. I call.
Turn comes 5s, he continues for 60, I call.
River comes 2c, he bets it for 80 and I raise it all-in for the remaining 100 up which he calls after thinking for a while and shows 22 for rivered set.

We discussed this hand later for about 20 minutes, and agreed that my plan for the hand was perfect but the all-in on the river was a mistake and I should have just called as there is no value in raising there at all.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:32 PM
(#10)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,802
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I disagree. There are 3 hands you can get value from in your example. Q 10, A5 and more specifically, A2. A2 is definitely in a good LAG's range (would make sense with their line too, as they'd bet top pair on the flop and turn).

The one hand you're losing on is 22, which they unfortunately had.

Since there is only 1 hand that you're losing out to (based on the river card) along with the fact that the opp probably isn't putting you on Ax since you didn't raise the flop or turn, I like the river raise.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#11)
Puciek's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I disagree. There are 3 hands you can get value from in your example. Q 10, A5 and more specifically, A2. A2 is definitely in a good LAG's range (would make sense with their line too, as they'd bet top pair on the flop and turn).

The one hand you're losing on is 22, which they unfortunately had.

Since there is only 1 hand that you're losing out to (based on the river card) along with the fact that the opp probably isn't putting you on Ax since you didn't raise the flop or turn, I like the river raise.
He is NOT calling with worse there whatsoever. A retarded LAG may, not one with half a brain. He was actually considering folding his 22 OTR because my calling line was so strong.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 06:51 AM
(#12)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
3 streets of calling would of been a good way to play the hand in a 2way pot but notice the pot was 3 way at first so the reason for my cbet was to go heads up with the maniac, if i had cbet the pot he would of folded i tried this line with him b4 so thats the reason i made a thin cbet to get that other op out the pot, the maniac did not worry me but why give that other opp any free cards? What if the other op had a set, i cannot just keep calling to find out im behind at the end
if i check op behind me checks then maniac wacks a raise in i call then the op behind calls thats just cost me more money to find out im behind where as i did that for 16c and got the result i needed.

btw enjoyed that live play post puciek, nice to know your human dude
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 07:18 AM
(#13)
Puciek's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
3 streets of calling would of been a good way to play the hand in a 2way pot but notice the pot was 3 way at first so the reason for my cbet was to go heads up with the maniac, if i had cbet the pot he would of folded i tried this line with him b4 so thats the reason i made a thin cbet to get that other op out the pot, the maniac did not worry me but why give that other opp any free cards? What if the other op had a set, i cannot just keep calling to find out im behind at the end
if i check op behind me checks then maniac wacks a raise in i call then the op behind calls thats just cost me more money to find out im behind where as i did that for 16c and got the result i needed.

btw enjoyed that live play post puciek, nice to know your human dude
What else would i be? A taco? Then I would have to run for cover whenever I go to comedy show...

Your hand is more than strong enough to go against two opponents, board is dry. And yes you can just call to find out you are behind, because most of the time you will be ahead.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 04:07 PM
(#14)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puciek View Post
What else would i be? A taco? Then I would have to run for cover whenever I go to comedy show...

Your hand is more than strong enough to go against two opponents, board is dry. And yes you can just call to find out you are behind, because most of the time you will be ahead.

Thankyou very much for that i,m always worried when 3 handed now i know i can play a little looser
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com