Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

My bluff got bluffed out

Old
My bluff got bluffed out - Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
My bluff got bluffed out, I just know this was a good fold, what do you guys think of it?

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
This flop lead is so weak i would attack it with 27o. If you want to continue here, you have to make it pot-sized as there are couple draws there. But c/f OOP is not so bad either against 2 opponents.

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
Most of these guys fold to small c-bets, i make more chips with them then i lose with them if i have to fold

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
Most of these guys fold to small c-bets, i make more chips with them then i lose with them if i have to fold
As we see here they respect them a lot. 44 never fold!

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
You raised to 4BB preflop, so when you c-bet the flop, you need to show strength again.
That small of a c-bet (although it is 4BB) is very small compared to the pot.
I'd be c-betting here in the 4-5k range. Making a small c-bet like that, normally says to your opponent that you have 2 high cards that totally missed the flop (yes, this did happen, but you don't want to advertise it).

If you make a larger c-bet, then the opp doesn't know if you've got Ax that missed or some sort of pkt pair or a club draw or even a set. You need to keep them guessing on this, so you can get someone with 44, 66, etc to drop, because they think they might be beat. By making the smaller c-bet, you're basically telling them that you missed... which lets them know they're ahead and will stay.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
Sounds more like playing loose fit or fold and folding their pure air when they miss. Your C-bet looks more like you're burning money. Try to bet at least half pot. More if it's multi-way

And yeah, obviously against a raise and a shove your ace high is not in good shape.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com