Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

$7.5K gtd WIN Dec 7th 20:00 NO rebuys or add-ons

Old
Cool
$7.5K gtd WIN Dec 7th 20:00 NO rebuys or add-ons - Thu Dec 08, 2011, 01:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Yes that's correct to the tune of $1538.97 at 00:34 hrs Dec 8th 2011. We were all in pre flop and I had KQ off vs JJ. Needed to get lucky and I sure did. Flop was 9T high and as I was wishing so badly for a K or a Q.....a beautiful J hits the board on turn and no re-suck on the river to pair the board. YEEEEE HAAAAAA I must say that this was probably one of the best tourney's I have played skill wise in a very very long time. Had fallen into too many bad habits in the last few years and hopefully this is the start of me climbing my way back to playing a more skillfull game.
However luck definitely had a part. As in when late in the tourney with 25-35 players left I was dealt the proverbial nirvana of back to back AA hands and played them to perfection to double up from just over 1 Million to well over 4 million in chips. :-)

And YES I won this without making any rebuys or add ons. I forgot to. lol I always add-on when I play the $20K and $30K 3X turbos for $1 and 30K in chips but I was distracted this time and didn't. I also hate rebuying. I figure if my luck was bad once, it probably won't get any better and I just leave the tourney usually.

What was also super cool was that the top 3 finishers were CANADIANS and 4 of the top 5 as well.
GO CANADA. Our home and native land. :-)

My bankroll had fluctuated between $450 and down to below $250 recently in the last year after I finished 7th in my 1st ever month at PSO December 2010 for $200. I had been in 1st going into the last day but I was double donked real bad in the 2 tourneys I played that day. The last 2 months have been brutal though as they were the 1st months I had not cashed for something in PSO. So far so good this month but I didn't get to 150 vpp's. Finished 2nd in my 1st tourney this month. Should have been 1st but I got frisky with A5 off All In pre flop against K9. He flopped TJQ lol.

Hopefully this will be the start of better things to come for my poker hobby that has now netted me a total profit of $102,782.51 since I started playing March of 2003. I've never really moved up because I still have far too many holes in my game. $75,219.00 of that profit is from a bad beat jackpot I won at Party Poker June 15th 2010 at 15:34 hrs. AJ off limped from 3rd pos at .50/1.00 limit table. Raise from mid pos, smooth call from late pos. Flop KJ9 K9 diamonds. I check, raiser bets, smooth caller calls. J hearts turn I check, mid pos checks, smooth caller bets, I check raise, he calls. J diamonds river, we cap it. Sure enough he had QT diamonds. :-) If he had raised his flopped straight,I fold. Or had he never called a raise cold with that questionable QT suited hand, I never see a penny of that $75K and he doesn't get $37.5K.

PS If I knew how to add the screenshot of the tourney results here with the .PNG file I took I would.

Last edited by 94EXPOS; Thu Dec 08, 2011 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Adding a couple lines of new info.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
WOW thats awesome wtg Expos. It's too bad you didnt get that screen shot but guess what....... the money is still in your account right and we can all go and check it out online as all those stats are available. Fading 2440 players rox dude! Ten gallon hat off to you! Come peeps throw your hat in the ring and give it up for our friend!

Gidee Up!

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Old
Oh Canada Eh !! - Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
Good week for Canadians in PSO !!!!!

Awesome Job Man !!!

Now if i could just final table this 55.00 PKL Omaha Saturday Special , that would be awesome !!!!

CONGRATS !!!!

Ski(n)ny

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Congrats EXPO (Go Jays )

Huge win, very well done!

My Latest Blog
You might be A King or a Little Street Sweeper But Sooner or Later you Dance with the Reaper!

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Thu Dec 08, 2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#6)
Nice scoop! Congrats.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Congrats

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
AWESOME!!!

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 11:48 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
WOW thats awesome wtg Expos. It's too bad you didnt get that screen shot but guess what....... the money is still in your account right and we can all go and check it out online as all those stats are available. Fading 2440 players rox dude! Ten gallon hat off to you! Come peeps throw your hat in the ring and give it up for our friend!

Gidee Up!
Why dont you say what you really want to say here?

Your going to lose a ton of cred if your going to come at people funny style and make runabout
accusations. If that is not what your doing then you really need to work on your communicating skills.

Congrats Expo..Dont spend it all in one place.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 12:11 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Nevermind I dont care,carry on..lol

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:17 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
Very Nice Job Enjoy the Win

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com