Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How many of you are turning profits since you joined PSO!

Old
How many of you are turning profits since you joined PSO! - Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Okay Posse,

I know that in speaking with alot of you and reading your posts you are turning your game around! I have started this thread because I want you to tell us your accomplishments and what the impact of PSO has been on your game if any!
I am bragging about PSO not because I am a live trainer for them but because I honestly beleive you are getting better due to your work ethic! So go back to when you started in PSO and look in poker pro labs or official poker rankings etc and see how you have done.
If you have not improved ask yourself why? There are many here I know will post that they are improving and I know why? Becasue they are watching free videos of top Pokerstars Pros! Because they are coming to free training classes and mostly because they are not being stubborn and continuing to play the old style that kept them losing! They know that guys like Chris Moneymaker and Kidd Poker and Spavegravy and Pius Heinz are winning players becasue the find their leaks............ suck it up and admit they played like shyte and fix them!
So who is gonna start?

Gidee Up!

Last edited by 19honu62; Thu Dec 08, 2011 at 09:17 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
More of a cash game guy really but the school has helped me a tonne.

I keep saying it but xflixx's videos are excellent and have helped me a great deal.
There's not a lot out there for people looking to grind from the bottom and these are free.

TheLangolier's videos are also excellent. I watched the HEM tutorial recently which was great because I really was struggling with it a little. I'm also looking forward to watching combinatorics but not until I get a little better equipped with the concepts I've learned so far.

Since starting my blog here I've really focused on improving my game and while PSO is not the only place I go it is probably the site I visit the most.

I beat 2NL for 9.13bb/100 hands

I've moved up to 5NL and am currently beating it for 7.76bb/100 hands

Not great results but I can feel myself becoming a stronger player everyday and it wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for the help of you guys.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Well, I guess this counts as I've got a small bankroll of around $8 made from playing league freerolls, and haven't lost it all yet playing in micro tourneys, I've cashed in a few of them. So thats definitely profit, and I would not have made it without the help of this site. I haven't deposited any other money into my account. Its a very long way to go until im on the same level as Kid Poker, Heinz and the rest, but i'm on the way there!

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
my numbers have gone up a good bit solely due to PSO.
Was about to get my online tournament ROI back in the black, then black friday hit (online cash games ROI IS positive).

Learned many things since then that I'm gladly waiting to use, as soon as the US players are back.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 07:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
I am headed in the right direction now.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 07:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I deposited $20 last December mostly to be able to get the VPP's necessary to qualify for the prizes in the PSO skill league.

Made a few bucks in the league, took 3rd in an FPP tourney and made a nice little bit doing the 100 games of .25/45 sng's challenge a few months back.

I've had to withdraw twice to put gas in the car, so this is the 3rd time I am grinding that tired, old $20 back up.

So yes, some profit and a lot of that is due to the PSO, for sure.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 08:06 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I have been winning more often than ever. My bankroll has not dropped below what I deposited in october. I have stuck to playing micros and I know I can win them.

I have a huge problem when I play, I can build my bankroll up for a few days then it drops back down fast. The reason this is happening is I just can't fold when I know I'm beat. I call people to see if I read there cards right and boom knocked out.

I agree 100% pso has raised the bar for me as I no longer deposit weekly. I deposited $30 early October and I have played over 500 $0.25 sit and go and I'm up $6. The highest I been is around $45.

I have days were u will find it impossible to take a single chip off me these are my good days. There are days I play and ill jump into a game some guy shoves 1st hand I call with air. I can do this for 20 straight games and I just can't help my self. This is a huge leak that I know if fixed I can build a fast bankroll. I don't think anyone can help this part off my game as this is down to my own stupid play. If anyone has any advice for this stupidity then please please guide me in the right direction.

Also I would like to thank you as your cowboy challenge was a huge step for me. This made me see the sense in bankroll management and why it should be applied. You have saved me a lot off Friday night deposits.

Old
Thu Dec 08, 2011, 11:00 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
thanks to pso,, the premier league, the free lessons,the video library ,and the challenge i now own a pt3 that was financed in a month playing the challenge.and i m still up from the start of october .yea im making a little !

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 12:55 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm that rare bird that did better before I found PS Online. Now before you start the flame wars, let me explain. I was a super nit, and had a very good rating on OPR, but I didn't have a clue. I have expanded my game a lot since then, and the experimenting has messed up the stats bigtime.

I don't have a problem with that, I'm learning all the time. While I'm experimenting with new ideas, my stats take a beating. That's A-OK with me, as long as I'm learning my game is getting better.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:09 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
*moved*

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quick summary.

Registered for PSO: End of July 2011

(Overall Rating 62%)

August Stats: ................................ROI -85% ..........ITM 17%
September Stats: ........................ROI 78% ............ITM 26%
October Stats: ..............................ROI 44% ............ITM 25%
November Stats: .........................ROI 20%............ ITM 21%

Overall rating now at 92%..........ROI 27%.............ITM 22%

I've spent the first 6 months of my time here just drilling the ABC poker game into my head. I have no doubt that if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a positive ROI.

I had a chat with a mate of mine down at the local poker club and he said that I've learnt in just a few short months what it took him a couple of years to learn in live play.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 07:30 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetmoose 613 View Post
thanks to pso,, the premier league, the free lessons,the video library ,and the challenge i now own a pt3 that was financed in a month playing the challenge.and i m still up from the start of october .yea im making a little !
ps3 or pt3?

Either way

Nice

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
I'm that rare bird that did better before I found PS Online. Now before you start the flame wars, let me explain. I was a super nit, and had a very good rating on OPR, but I didn't have a clue. I have expanded my game a lot since then, and the experimenting has messed up the stats bigtime.

I don't have a problem with that, I'm learning all the time. While I'm experimenting with new ideas, my stats take a beating. That's A-OK with me, as long as I'm learning my game is getting better.

As one who has "rebuilt" my game a couple of times, let me assure you that this is quite normal. Before finding PSO in it early days I was winning in home games but not in the fledgling online world. After learning a bit on PSO I nitted up and quit losing online $ but lost interest in the game as it became boring. Gone was the fun aspect of poker. Then, within the PSO boundaries and their virtual bankroll at that time, I started to become a student of the game. Learning controlled aggression was not easy and I became quite discouraged.

When I finally learned the lesson that the results of a single hand don't matter but its the decision process that really counts my results turned around. As a recreational player, poker has financed a few trips and some toys along the way so I have met most of my poker goals due to PSO and the resources they made available was the major contributor.

So Joy, I wish you continued growth and much success.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 09:57 AM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
So I discovered PSO and Nanonoko(Randy Lew) late January. Learned about Nanonoko's play style, watched him play a lot, watched PSO live training videos, and spent a lot of time on the PSO forums. Also played the skill league for a month and doubled my small bankroll! At that point I went and played close to 100,000 hands total at 2NL and 5NL using what I learned. You can see on the graph when I hit the cash tables after receiving my small payout from the skill league, right around the beginning of march. I feel like I have improved so much after joining the PSO. I also think I would have taken my game even further had I not been abruptly cut off of the path I was on. Anyways, thanks PSO!!!

*** deleted chart from software prohibited by the TOS. JWK24 ***

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Dec 09, 2011 at 03:17 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
First of all: PSO helped me a lot with my game.

I started my PS account in 2006, but wasn't really into the game. Just got back in mid 2010 and discovered PSO shortly after.

My first deposit was somewhat around 70$ and it went up and down. Since one month now I really am on a great upswing. xflixx lessons about 6max cash games are phenomanol and helped me hugely. I really started winning on 2NL, tried 3 shots on 5NL and finally broke threw. Up to nearly 190$.

Additionally to that you guys helped me very much with my tournament game. I overplayed cards throughout early stages of tournament, didn't understand stack sizes really good and got lucky sometimes and won some 45man 1$. But actually I definitely had a negative ROI. That also changed to your SnG & MTT lessons. I won 3 tickets to the 10th Anniverssary Final and recently started playing 90man 2.5$ SnGs. Out of the 5 I cashed twice and won the last one I played.

So I really have to say thanks to all the teachers, the support in the hand analysis forum and the community!

Old
PSO - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
The PSO and all it offers has definetly helped my game. I was starting to show a consistent profit and moving up a level in cash games right around the time Black Friday hit. So, for now continue to practice and study, until US players can hopefully return.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
I joined PokerStars in 2005 and played only freerolls and micro FL games. My bankroll was financed by the local beer store. I have never deposited or cashed out. My account keeps me entertained and able to generate enough VPP's to qualify for the bigger prizes in the Open Skill League.

I found PSO in August, 2010 and have played almost every month. The videos and courses have helped me round out my game. The PSO tourneys are part of my nightly entertainment, if we are home. On average, I play 15-20 tourneys a month, not enough to challenge for top spot, but good enough to cash a few times here and there, and be in the money some months. Best ever was a $15 cash prize in June, 2011.

Herk

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I started playing poker solely for fun in the freerolls from July 2010.

Made my first deposit of $20 in December 2010 and had run this down to about $3 by August2011 mainly playing 10c 360 man SNGs, no idea what I was doing, just having fun.

Then I decided to play the Open Skill League in August and did quite well (in top 700) although I was still a complete donkey.

In September I decided to make a decent attempt and somehow found the forum and training materials, unfortunately I haven't been able to make proper use of them as I struggle for time,but the comments in the forum and some advice from other players has improved my game somewhat.

I found the experience of the Open Skill League in November (48th overall) and trying the cowboy challenge (failed miserably) really tightened my game up, so much so that despite a horrible lack of cards recently I have now managed to increase my bankroll to over $50 so thankyou PSO.

Now all I have to do is take some time off playing and watch the training videos.

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 08:06 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2011
this graph says it all about my SNG tournament game..

I joined PSO around game 70 or so on the graph I think.

Cash game has also come along. Graph is attached. The graph is just for games since joining PSO and started using FPDB as my tracker / HUD, before that I played a small amount of cash but had no database, I wasn't profitable though..

I find I enjoy the tournaments more on the whole, but play cash now and then when I don't have time for a tourney.

All good. My bankroll has gone from around $5 when I joined to nearly $40 now, so thanks to everyone here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fpdb20111216010102.jpg (14.8 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Tomcrockpot; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#20)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I find it amazing when you can actually see when someone joined PSO on a profits graph.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com