Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

big $11-for hand analysis

Old
big $11-for hand analysis - Fri Dec 09, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

do i need to call the 5 bb bet on the river

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 02:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Don't think of postflop bets in terms of BBs. Measure them in relation to the size of the pot.

Unless you think he can 4-bet bluff preflop you're behind his entire range. He has QQ+ pretty much always. If you call him what are you hoping for, AK for a chop? That's a pretty bad strategy. Fold river without a second thought.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I don't like your preflop 3b in a vacuum, you don't really want to get 4b and you don't want to play a bloated pot OOP with AK. Just flat pre and go from there imo.

If we had reads maybe we could adjust, but you've given no info. It's level 1 of the Big $11 so I'm assuming no reads yet anyway.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I don't like your preflop 3b in a vacuum, you don't really want to get 4b and you don't want to play a bloated pot OOP with AK. Just flat pre and go from there imo.

If we had reads maybe we could adjust, but you've given no info. It's level 1 of the Big $11 so I'm assuming no reads yet anyway.
Agreed... And how do I get a team pso head donk signature line..

Old
2 aj's killed me - Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#5)

I misread the 2nd hand badly i thought he is kk qq i didn't put him in ak or aq because he will just call with ak and aq but definitely will min3bet kk qq

postflop i hit my A i just call because i really dont know if im ahead or not but just dont want to fold my J kicker at this point when he push at the turn. So be it and there you go I'm busted after a good start.

damn. i thought this is it. 2nd hour is really bad for me. exaple is this 2 hands plus i still got one hand where i got the rockets check this out on why did i say im so unlucky the 2nd hour.

can you analyze this my 2 AJ please im so angry with my play bad read on my part i just trust my read

Last edited by marvinsytan; Fri Dec 09, 2011 at 03:52 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
you've got to flat their min raise. This is a larger buy-in tourney, so while you'll still have some shove happy opps, you won't see as many of them. You will, however, see opps that are capable of much more.

A min raise can signify a monster hand (that they're trying to keep others in the hand with, instead of making a std raise). You only have AK, so you do not have a made hand and due to that, you should just call their raise.

On the river, I'm mucking that instantly. You can't beat anything, and you can only get 1/2 the pot if the opp has absolutely nothing other than an A. The opp also did not make a std value bet, but a much smaller bet... which normally means that they want a call. A typical value bet should be at least 300-400, if not maybe even a bit more.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post

thank you so much

it's such an honor to get a hand analysis from the Great Dave Himself - Team PSO Head Trainer

I think I won already

thank you thank you

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
you've got to flat their min raise. This is a larger buy-in tourney, so while you'll still have some shove happy opps, you won't see as many of them. You will, however, see opps that are capable of much more.

A min raise can signify a monster hand (that they're trying to keep others in the hand with, instead of making a std raise). You only have AK, so you do not have a made hand and due to that, you should just call their raise.

On the river, I'm mucking that instantly. You can't beat anything, and you can only get 1/2 the pot if the opp has absolutely nothing other than an A. The opp also did not make a std value bet, but a much smaller bet... which normally means that they want a call. A typical value bet should be at least 300-400, if not maybe even a bit more.

got it. this hand analysis really worked

thank you so jwk24

i wont make the same mistake again

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
That last one's a riot! Hit a str8flush just to river a chop thats a classic

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
AJo hand:

Raising isn't bad, but if the opp is getting into every hand, then you can also flat this. I like the flop c-bet after the opp's check and like the c-bet amount... but... when the opp min-raises it, that throws up a red flag. The opp limp/called then check/raised, which will normally be a set of 6's or 10's. Fold to their check/raise immediately, as you only have 4 outs (the 4 kings) to a straight... which may not even be good if the board pairs which would give them a full house.

AJs hand:

You have a std raise, then a min 3-bet before you act in the BB. AJs is a decent hand with much potential, but since you would have to call a 3-bet (let alone if the other opp 4-bets) and you're out of position, I'm mucking this one right then and saving my chips for a hand with either a better hand or position.

Since you're in the hand and flop 2 pair, I'd lead out on the flop. If you get raised, you can get out of the hand, since one of them most likely has you outkicked (or worse, has quads). If the opp just calls, then you now have the lead in the hand.. instead of them controlling the betting.
Continually check/calling until the river will just get you into deeper and deeper trouble... because you'll have no clue exactly where you're at in the hand. If I were the opp, I'd keep betting at you whether I had AK and had you beat, to total air.
When you shove the turn and get called, you're going to lose this hand basically every time. The opp started with a 1/3 pot bet on the flop and UPPED it to 1/2 pot on the turn. If they didn't have you beat, then they normally won't make the larger bet (compared to the size of the pot) on the turn.

Bottom line for this one... get out preflop.

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
+1

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
AJo hand:

Raising isn't bad, but if the opp is getting into every hand, then you can also flat this. I like the flop c-bet after the opp's check and like the c-bet amount... but... when the opp min-raises it, that throws up a red flag. The opp limp/called then check/raised, which will normally be a set of 6's or 10's. Fold to their check/raise immediately, as you only have 4 outs (the 4 kings) to a straight... which may not even be good if the board pairs which would give them a full house.

AJs hand:

You have a std raise, then a min 3-bet before you act in the BB. AJs is a decent hand with much potential, but since you would have to call a 3-bet (let alone if the other opp 4-bets) and you're out of position, I'm mucking this one right then and saving my chips for a hand with either a better hand or position.

Since you're in the hand and flop 2 pair, I'd lead out on the flop. If you get raised, you can get out of the hand, since one of them most likely has you outkicked (or worse, has quads). If the opp just calls, then you now have the lead in the hand.. instead of them controlling the betting.
Continually check/calling until the river will just get you into deeper and deeper trouble... because you'll have no clue exactly where you're at in the hand. If I were the opp, I'd keep betting at you whether I had AK and had you beat, to total air.
When you shove the turn and get called, you're going to lose this hand basically every time. The opp started with a 1/3 pot bet on the flop and UPPED it to 1/2 pot on the turn. If they didn't have you beat, then they normally won't make the larger bet (compared to the size of the pot) on the turn.

Bottom line for this one... get out preflop.

good good a little clearer for me now.

should have get away Preflop. im so stupid to be a blind defender w any suited cards. i love pot odds. if i will defend i should get away post flop or just shove.

thank you jwk24. i appreciate it very much.

soon i will ship this tourney. and we will all have a good time

Old
Fri Dec 09, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post

classic plus the fact that i got busted playing AJs OOP w 50bb's vs the aggro.

i played so poorly need to improve improve and improve

thank you for your comment

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com