Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Last Night :(

Old
Thumbs down
Last Night :( - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Live tourney last night.

i had AJ diamonds so i raised preflop 2k. everyone folded apart from one guy. he reraised me to 4k so i called. flop comes Q diamond 10 diamond and 2 spades. i push all in with the flush draw. he calls 17k. he shows pair K. and i get NOTHING on the turn or river. im out!! i was soo fustrated. what should i have done different?

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hard to say, if you raised 2k and had 17 left maybe only bet 5k after the flop and then check/fold when you miss. Gotta figure if villian doesnt fold after the c raise they probably have you beat. If you had and average or better stack size then you could afford to continue with 12k. Then again im kinda nitty so.......This probably goes against conventional wisdom that says if you are going to bet more than a third of your stack you should shove but IMHO in a tourny its better to live to fight another day than get all your money in without a made hand. Then again for me its about how many BB's you have to start with, 20 or less and im probably open shoving AQ sooted and getting railed there too. LOL im rambling and need more coffee.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com