Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

3rd royal

Old
Wink
3rd royal - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 08:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
does this one get enough money in?? i think i maxed out but did i played it right

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
What's your reason for raising preflop? Flop is fine as you're definitely getting the right price, but you could probably just jam it in there rather than calling such a large portion of your stack. You have a zillion outs even if you don't already have the best hand. The turn is a super scare card! Obviously it gives you the nuts, but what hand does he call the flop with that loves that card? I'd actually like a small blocker type bet here to try to induce him to get you off your hand. Something around 800, so it looks like you might still be able to fold to a check/shove. Checking behind is too risky as a 4th heart on the river will kill all your action for sure, so at least you didn't make that mistake. (I don't think a river bluff at a dry pot is too likely here, but by putting some money in at least you give him incentive)

Last edited by oriholic; Sat Dec 10, 2011 at 01:46 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com