Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Hubble's NL Hold 'em 17:42 WET
10th Anniversary class of 2009 18:24 WET
10th Anniversary Sunday storm Freeroll (UK & Ireland) 19:30 WET
UK & Ireland: Sunday $10 million freerolls <<<<<<<1 ticket 19:45 WET
10th Anniversary Giveaway Freeroll satellite 10 entries 18:00 WET

Registered to play in the above.

I never take advantage off freerolls but when i do i just jam all in. How to u go about playing in these. Do i play league game type, Do i jam all in with big pocket pairs. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

Took a gamble on the hubbles freeroll and it worked out nice. Think ill sit back now and wait for the good hands.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
Hubble's NL Hold 'em 17:42 WET
10th Anniversary class of 2009 18:24 WET
10th Anniversary Sunday storm Freeroll (UK & Ireland) 19:30 WET
UK & Ireland: Sunday $10 million freerolls <<<<<<<1 ticket 19:45 WET
10th Anniversary Giveaway Freeroll satellite 10 entries 18:00 WET

Registered to play in the above.

I never take advantage off freerolls but when i do i just jam all in. How to u go about playing in these. Do i play league game type, Do i jam all in with big pocket pairs. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Structure and field size relative to tickets or cash prizes is key in deciding how to approach freeolls in my opinion. You KNOW what the players style will be for the most part,especially through the first few levels---ATC maniac's will be by far the most numerous type.

Can't speak to the others as I have never played them but let's examine the Hubbles...

Structure: The good---12 minute blinds. The bad---antes come out on the 3rd blind level.

Goal/Field size: Well we're after a ticket here,as in all Astronomer Freerolls. In Hubbles the breakdown in top 72 in a field of 9000 (Hubbles ALWAYS fill for the max number of runners). So only the top 0.08% of the filed gets a ticket. Less than 1% is a very daunting task indeed.

What this means: Well with 9000 runners starting at 1500 chips each and the top 72 being the magic number then you'll need to be looking at an average chip stack of 187,500 chips to be successful. So no,playing "League style" is most definitely not going to get you there.

Best success I had in all Astronomers was to be very aggressive in looking for spots to gamble for stacks early and in the ones that worked then try to settle in and play poker afterwards.

In other words EXACTLY what you did in the JJ hand you showed in this thread.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

Best success I had in all Astronomers was to be very aggressive in looking for spots to gamble for stacks early and in the ones that worked then try to settle in and play poker afterwards.

In other words EXACTLY what you did in the JJ hand you showed in this thread.
+1

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com