Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

wrong to call ?

Old
wrong to call ? - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

Had no idea what this guy had as he was a bit loose.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
with a limper, I'd have raised a bit more preflop (to 400).

The opp that bets the flop was the original limper (could have a set of 9's or 10's, could have clubs, could have QJ or KQ or AJ, etc. really a pretty wide range). You've got top pair and I would call there.. bonus chips in the pot when the other opp calls. A raise here wouldn't be a bad play either, as there are many draws out there that you could get value from.

Turn: the 3rd club falls. First opp checks again and the limper that bet the flop, makes a very small bet.... a bet so small, it's fishy. You've still got top pair and I'm calling it, if it's me.

River brings one of the cards you do not want to see, as it gives 4 to a flush AND 4 to a straight. With that, more than likely, your 2nd pair isn't any good, so you've got to muck to it.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 09:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Thanks again like the feedback sounds like i am doing things right.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com