Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Slow playing AA

Old
Slow playing AA - Sat Dec 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if I should have played his hand any differently? I allowed the villan to draw out on me. Is pushing on the flop a better option considering the dangerous board and his range? The small bet on the flop was an attempt to look weak and try and induce him to push over me with a T or J

Thanks in advance

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It'll depend on the opps and reads on them as to how I'll play AA. If there are a number of calling stations, then I would not want to be slowplaying.

Preflop, you min-raised, I'd have made a larger raise (to about 3X their bet).

On the flop, you need to make a value bet. With only the same amount of chips behind that are already in the pot, I'm shipping them here. With a small bet like 150, you give the opp odds to draw at you. If you would have raised more preflop, then it makes the flop shove a much easier decision.

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Ship it preflop

Ship the flop. You have a pot sized bet - the min bet is awful (sorry). Make people pay for draws. This board is perfect for that because it hits so much of villains range.

Slow playing your AA which is now only a one pair hand post flop is a recipe for disaster on such a wet board

Pt

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 07:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks guys. I figured the min bet on the flop was bad as soon as I did it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com