Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hello and GL to all!

Old
Hello and GL to all! - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hello there PSO!

I am an 18 year old boy from Copenhagen, Denmark.

My poker life started for real about 6 months ago, but i've played for fun for about 2 years on and off. Hehe, in august i wasent even sure what a flush was...

So yes. I wasas kinda noob. Anyways long story short, I was bitten by this fantastic game for real this summer and have been playing every day ever since...

I've lost about $100 so far, and allthough it might not be much, I have still lost. I am a competitor person, so in the start of December, I dicided to only play freerolls and just study all aspects of poker to improve my game... and it actually works. I can feel my game has improved and im getting better results.

I will soon create a blog, as a kind of a diary on my development and what I have learned so far..

I dont know if this "plan" sounds completely wack, but if it is, feel free to tell me..

Best regards

//King_CPH

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_CPH View Post
Hello there PSO!

I dont know if this "plan" sounds completely wack, but if it is, feel free to tell me..

//King_CPH
Hi there King!

Firstly, you are very welcome here at PSO.

That plan sounds totally correct. Freerolls and Play Money games are a great way to practice and improve your game with no risk to your bankroll.

There are a few play money Home Games where, even though it''s not for cash, the competition is fierce. I'm sending you an invite to my own home game where we have a play money tournament every Sunday night at 10pm (CET).

- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 530350
- Enter my Invitation Code: theraiser

Again, it's great to see you here. Get the most out of this site as you can.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 05:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I hope the plan works out. Welcome to the forum.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 08:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome King!

I was like you when I started playing poker. We had a 5/10cent ring going with about 7 guys or so showing up. First couple weeks i lost 10 or 20 bucks and then decided I needed to learn how to play the game because karaoke was way cheaper and more fun at this point.
After a few weeks of study I could hold my own and a little better. Too bad for me, PokerStars was just getting started, and nothing at all as good as Poker School Online was available. You've got a great start on your enjoyment of the game by finding this place at such a young age.

One of the most valuable things you'll learn here is bankroll management so be sure and search that forum and the blogs/achievements one as they are full of threads on the best ways to keep from going bust, and, increase your roll from nothing...including the freerolls you mention, and of course, PSO awards.

After you look through the link Raiser provided, be sure and let us know if you have any questions.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 11:57 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks to all of you, i dont have any questions. Its all good

Well now i have created my first blog post

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com