Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.5R 180 man sng

Old
$3.5R 180 man sng - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
considering this is a turbo 5 min levels

I only have 11bb's

Did i make the right decision to call PRE knowing that I will get 4way with bigniux with just under 2bb's and from his play will definitely come in

The only problem here is I'm definitely going to fold to any shove by any of the players to my left which have me covered.

POSTFLOP

can i still fold or just hope to hit my runner runner

TURN

no way I'm going to fold, right?

River

didn't hit I lost.

What do you think the best play here in the long run?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
with a marginal at best hand, that's an easy, easy muck preflop for me... espeically in a multi-way pot. The more opponents that are in the hand, the worse your hand will play.

If you're going to be playing a hand here with your stack size, you really need to be shoving preflop, to try and isolate an opponent... and no way am I doing that with low/mid suited connectors.

If you call and are not comfortable calling a shove by anyone... get out of the hand without putting chips into the pot. Call/folding here on your stack is a big leak of chips.

Wait until you get a hand that you're ahead with and then raise or shove to a previous raise.

If you're in the hand, the flop is an INSTANT FOLD. you have aboslutely nothing and even if you hit an 8 or a 9, you still might not have the best hand. Putting more chips in on the flop is just throwing them away. If you have to hit runner/runner to win... you have no reason to be in a pot like this at all.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
The preflop call is a leak. You can not afford to put in this much of your stack and then fold, and calling can't ever win you the pot before going to showdown. On your stack size you should be looking to raise all in or fold, and in this situation your fold equity is nil with the action in front of you and you only have 9 high, so fold pre and save your ammo for a war you can win in two ways.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
cool analysis - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#4)
Not only I got one but two from the best hand analyzer in the business for free

this is the one I'm talking about pokerschool members. you need to put your hand analysis HERE

to improve our game

thank you pokerschool for having this wonderful website and thank you TEACHERS.

great job

Old
3.3R 180man sng - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#5)
late in the game

big stack min raise UTG which is the first time he's done that

from 3 orbits he shoves from Hijack with KQo. that's his only play.First time he min raise. he never limps. and never calls

so I assume his hand is 66 above or of course he can easily have 2 overcards.

I don't want to call and fold because that's my leak when i called my suited connectors 4way last time

Right Play or need to shove?--last 60 players left

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hey Marvin, one thing I notice about a lot of your hands is that you love to play suited connectors, maybe start folding them, and worry less about stealing and 3 betting all the time and tighten up your overall game?

Old
to roomik - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Hey Marvin, one thing I notice about a lot of your hands is that you love to play suited connectors, maybe start folding them, and worry less about stealing and 3 betting all the time and tighten up your overall game?

your very much correct, im always in love with suited connectors and I love pot odds

i love defending blinds

I'm correcting it now but i want you to look at this

this is new by the way just cant help it. lol

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
your very much correct, im always in love with suited connectors and I love pot odds

i love defending blinds

If the odds are right and you have a large stack, then the suited connectors are ok. With smaller stacks, you will not get the odds you need in relation to your stack size to play them.

DO NOT defend blinds if you don't have a playable hand... it's a big chip leak. You will lose much more than you gain over time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com