Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

how to play with the bingo players

Old
how to play with the bingo players - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
hi ev1, in a tournament, in a early stakes and your stacks still large, will u guys call a reraise all in with AK, JJ and and QQ? u know many players go all in with small or middle pair. and got lucky.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If it's me, and I haven't seen the flop (and hit an A or a K), I'll muck it to shoves preflop. It's way too risky, especially if it's a league game... because the reward in chips you gain if you win is a lot less than the negative league points that you'll get if you bust.

The way to deal with the maniacs is to wait them out, until you get a premium made hand QQ+, or to let them KO each other.

Patience is the key

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#3)
I will with QQ, the others depends on the read my position and Number of folks in the pot.

If I have QQ and one opponent flips over 66 and hits good luck to him at least I know I got my money in there good. But yes as one more player enters the pot my odds of winning go down a little more but on the other hand the chips i will win when i do go up.....

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
When I'm playing micro tournies against the 'bingo players' early stage, I will get all in preflop with JJ+. Doesn't matter how many people in the pot. Might get it all in with AK but would prefer only 1 other person(bingo player) in pot.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
When I'm playing micro tournies against the 'bingo players' early stage, I will get all in preflop with JJ+. Doesn't matter how many people in the pot. Might get it all in with AK but would prefer only 1 other person(bingo player) in pot.
Yep. In the 45 man micros a double up early will give you enough chips to easily make it through the bubble even playing super nitty the whole time till it bursts. Given the donks that go all in first hand with A5s or worse I think it's worth the risk.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Seems like there's been quite a few people from PSO who have had lots of good things to say about those $0.25 45-player MTT's, so I decided to give them a go ... here's me reraising with AKo to try and isolate the pre-flop raiser:

oh ... so it's like that

Was the proper way to play AKo to fold it? Oooh, but the temptation! I wound up playing about maybe 8 of them (ROI of -750%) before figuring that maybe my personality was better suited to those STT's where 1/3 of the field makes ITM, so there's less pressure to build a stack to get ahead (and therefore less need to play super tight?)?

PS Kind of interesting to see how many of us in the full-ring had A's ... reduced the AKo down to 4 outs, if that, eh? (like assuming some of the K's weren't in peoples' hands as well)

Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 10:44 PM
(#8)
With the massive overbet on the first hand I am folding AKo. You are very likely to find a better situation than this. Let the donks play a bit then take their chips.

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
Pokerstove.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
The tables are nitty tonight. I wish I were so lucky as to have bingo players around.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 01:25 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I've got an even wilder one from the 1FPP turbo rebuy satty for the Sunday Million ...one rebuy was 3000 chips, and a double rebuy was 6000, so with the ante at 100, that's why there were so many 2900 and 5900 stacks:

There was one point where blinds were 8000 and people were still buying in for the double-rebuy of 6000 that was less than 1bb ... good to be persistent in life, but there comes a time ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:27 AM..

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 02:54 AM
(#12)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
The tables are nitty tonight. I wish I were so lucky as to have bingo players around.
Where ya playin PP, lots of BINGO where I have been?

Dale

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:21 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
Just 2NL. When three consecutive 2NL tables are running table averages of around 18/12, the night's not gonna be as fun as usual.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:40 AM
(#14)
Low level MTT mega bingo...Same as always

Bluff and Stuff.

Why do I do this to myself??

Dale

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:52 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
Low level MTT mega bingo...Same as always

Bluff and Stuff.

Why do I do this to myself??

Dale

Because "retirement" is -EV?

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:56 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Because "retirement" is -EV?
LMAO!!!

Was waiting for that one to come back at me!!

Dale

sigh

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:00 AM
(#17)
Would like to know one thing though....

Have you heard the term "Bluff and stuff"?

Or did I just invent a new one??

Dale

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:02 AM
(#18)
Quote:
LMAO!!!

Was waiting for that one to come back at me!!

Dale

sigh

Hey you teed it up,I was just waiting for the optimal time to hit it.

We've ALL been there. We'll ALL be there again. Just glad to see you sloughed it off and got back on the horse.

Now go get some.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:04 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Would like to know one thing though....

Have you heard the term "Bluff and stuff"?

Or did I just invent a new one??

Dale

First I've heard it,I like it to.

Just make sure to employ your "power-folding" and "duck-a-donk" skills when prudent.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:14 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Hey you teed it up,I was just waiting for the optimal time to hit it.

We've ALL been there. We'll ALL be there again. Just glad to see you sloughed it off and got back on the horse.

Now go get some.
It just gets sooooo damn frustrating. Play well, make a good decision....Enjoy the rail time.

It's not about that it happens, but how often??!!!??

Example,

In the game I am still playing, I'm in the BB. Flop top pair. Bet and am called. Turn giives me a set. Bet and am reraised...Damn, cannot fold. I call with the larger stack of the all in. He shows the same set, better kicker. I'm ok with that one. Not happy, but ok with it.

The pure bingo on the other hand...I'll refer to the hilarious utube video link posted in one of the other threads earlier....

Effin game...

Dale

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com