Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

cash out or move up your level?

Old
cash out or move up your level? - Mon Dec 12, 2011, 11:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
hi ev1, when we reach our goal in a month..lets say..i build $600 from $20 playing SnG $3.50 18 players and then $11 SnG, my goal was $500, will u guys cash out your $500 or move up to $22 SnG?

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 02:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by winz savana View Post
hi ev1, when we reach our goal in a month..lets say..i build $600 from $20 playing SnG $3.50 18 players and then $11 SnG, my goal was $500, will u guys cash out your $500 or move up to $22 SnG?
Hi winz savana,

There is many things to consider when moving up to another level of poker, and in your case $11 / $22 18 man SnG's.

Ideally you would want a minimum of 200 buy ins (eg. you plan on playing $11 SnGs, so therefore a bankroll of $2,200 would help with the variance/volume play) keep in mind that this buffer of 200 buyins also applies to MTT play.

I do not know if you intend to play these professionally or as a recreational player, but what i have mentioned above about a $2,200 bankroll for $11 SnG's is the optimal amount to have if you are playing those SnG's professionally.

If you are a recreational player and have other sources of income outside of poker to help supplement your online poker play, then by all means your current bankroll will be sufficient enough to sustain $11 18man SnGs, as can you deposit frequently if needed. I do not know your current bankroll but be cautious when moving up in stakes.

As for cashing out your winnings, it is entirely your decision to make and the amount you deem necessary, as each individual poker player has different goals and intentions.

Good luck at the tables,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by winz savana View Post
Ok so let me get this straight. You have $20 and you are playing $3.50 anything! Second you then turn that $20 into $600? And lastly you do know we can look your stats up right?

Ok now considering that you are playing sng's I would suggest that you don't need anywhere near 200 buy ins as you rskills clearly show that you can crush it with less. 200 buy ins are more appropraite for mtt's as there are much larger fields and even though you should likley cash in 20 - 30% of them you still won't win big money until you hit final tables.
I would suggest that you start with 100 buy ins to any level sng and commit 25% of those to that level. If you lose half of those buy ins you should move down until you have built it back up and give it another go.

Gidee Up!

Last edited by 19honu62; Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 03:56 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
What does looking up his/her stats have to do with the question? They threw out a lets say question... other than that I like your answer.... Oh and op nice stats!

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
I think he has noticed two things: a significant portion of the $600 seems to have come from one $60 single table tournament... the other is probably that less than half of the last 100 games have been $3.50 18 mans. None of that matters much though.

For me personally I plan to win back my deposit amounts and cash that out before moving up in levels. This will mean that I climb much slower, but it also means that I will be playing with my profit when I do move up.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 09:53 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
What does looking up his/her stats have to do with the question? They threw out a lets say question... other than that I like your answer.... Oh and op nice stats!
The purpose of looking up the stats is to help answer the question! If you do not look up the stats your answer will be different as I could have just said you are foolish to even be playing $3.50 sng's with 3 buy ins!
If I don't look up the stats I simply assume that the numbers were acheived playing $3.50 and $11 games and they probably binked there first game and had a good run! Clearly not the case! I would have assumed that this result was acheived as some could read it this way! Clearly not the case!
In addition, I am here as many of you are as well to help our members and learn something new about my own game as well! Many times once I look up the stats, I will pm the person and ask what they are doing to acheive these results! This helps me tweek my game as well.
Lastly I am a numbers guy so looking up stats are just a force of habit!

Gidee Up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com