Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

pso absurd ;)

Old
Cool
pso absurd ;) - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 01:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
10 000 players for one cent totally absurd .. I finished 60th place after three hours I made a cent and 82 points'll see what happens next tournament .. annoying as it is I still have too much fun to stop

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 02:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
If you are playing the leagues for the pennies that are available in each individual tournament then you're missing the true value of the structure. Do what you can within whatever your BR parameters are to get enough VPP points to be active status each month and then learn how to be a good little ladder climber. Anything else is really a waste of time prize money wise where the leagues are concerned.

If you can't,or don't want to,deposit and don't have any money to invest to get active VPP wise then until you do the Astronomer-Weekly Round 2 and Facebook freerolls/Facebook league path is your best bet until you do.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Hi Johnny and welcome to the forum.
Like Moxie says, the leagues are about the month end finishes, not the $10 prize pool for each event. If you look at these tips for getting started, the section on the Skill Leagues will help to clear things up.

After you have a look, be sure to let us know if you have any questions.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
This was brought up in the forums before. Some one asked if we could go to a cashless scoring system but it has something to do with how the scoring is calculated so a token amount is put in place, but as the others said its all about month end scores.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thank you for the advice - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Thank you for the advice I played again today and finished with a few positive points (850 pls) I understand the concept of the league but still I had no way to accumulate points now anyway if I will finish high in the league I will try to deposit and earn points

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny22231 View Post
Thank you for the advice I played again today and finished with a few positive points (850 pls) I understand the concept of the league but still I had no way to accumulate points now anyway if I will finish high in the league I will try to deposit and earn points

Just keep in mind that points earned in December DO NOT count in December,they count in January. So if you look at the prize payouts understand that unless you obtained 20+ VPP's in November,then you are not "active" status for the top prizes this month.

That's the deal,points you earn count towards the following month. But if you ARE going to devote time to trying to place as high as possible in the Leagues each month then you definitely want to be obtaining at least 20 VPP's each month. Just remember that if you place highly enough to qualify for the Premier League the very top prize scale is predicated on having 150 VPP's the previous month. And that's a completely different animal altogether.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com