Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.5R 180man sng

Old
$3.5R 180man sng - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
rebuy ended

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

can i make a weak call?

or just let him walk?

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
You have an absolutely awful hand. Fold it immediately.

Only defend the blinds if you have a playable hand (which this definitely is NOT).
Defending blinds when you do not have a playable hand is just giving your chips away to the opponents... something you do not want to do in a tournament. It's a huge leak for players that will defend with nothing. In a tournament, you work hard to get the chips that you get, don't give them away.

Any tournament regular will take advantage of this and bust you out of a tournament due to it.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
You have an absolutely awful hand. Fold it immediately.

Only defend the blinds if you have a playable hand (which this definitely is NOT).
Defending blinds when you do not have a playable hand is just giving your chips away to the opponents... something you do not want to do in a tournament. It's a huge leak for players that will defend with nothing. In a tournament, you work hard to get the chips that you get, don't give them away.

Any tournament regular will take advantage of this and bust you out of a tournament due to it.
And none of them will exploit the fact that you are not capable of defending blinds without premium hands...?

Oh and i ignored OP completely as it is ridiculous and his answer is in any poker ABC article but he prefers to be a lazy pest.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:26 PM
(#4)
His shoving range can obviously be super wide, short stacked and only the BB to get through. But even then Q4 does not crush alot of hands.

His stack size while small (8BB) would put a significant dent in your stack and chances in the tourney if you lose the hand.

I think you can call pretty wide, but not that wide When you a risking a good portion of your chips I like to be a stronger favourite, Q4o is just not crushing anything.

PokerStove says Q4o is 49.1% vs any random hand, which is your best case scenario really. If he was a few BB's shorter. Maybe only 1000 left behind then you're getting a better price to call light and it's less damage to your stack.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puciek View Post
And none of them will exploit the fact that you are not capable of defending blinds without premium hands...?
Good question.

The SB has made a good shove. There's nothing that you can do in this spot other than pour good money in after bad.

We move onto the next hand and do the same thing as the SB when we are in his situation.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar010 View Post
Good question.

The SB has made a good shove. There's nothing that you can do in this spot other than pour good money in after bad.

We move onto the next hand and do the same thing as the SB when we are in his situation.
What the hell, should i expect my palms to get hairy very soon? You want to shove m=9 stack on full ring on SB in UO with **? This is not playing good poker

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 04:46 PM
(#7)
Quote:
What the hell, should i expect my palms to get hairy very soon? You want to shove m=9 stack on full ring on SB in UO with **? This is not playing good poker
Sorry, unclear i guess. I didn't say shove the next hand. I said make the same play when we are in the SB's situation.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
results--ok i made the wrong call - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#8)
next time i'll fold

reason for calling: this is turbo next minute i will be down to less than 10bb's anyway. everybody's
range is super wide at this point. If i call and get lucky good if i call and lose still have a chance for push and fold. I really think first before I made the call. I seem to be lucky when I'm behind rather than when I'm ahead example is this:

I'm behind

Quote:

Oh and i ignored OP completely as it is ridiculous and his answer is in any poker ABC article but he prefers to be a lazy pest.
Am I being a lazy pest here? I'm hurt being called a lazy pest by (Mr. Puciek Sir) but anyone is entitled to your own opinion. So I need to be open about this remarks.....

result of the call

but I want to improve my game, be a winner long time so I will follow all our good moderators here next time I'll not defend and just fold.

results is not a factor. It's knowing what's the best thing to do in the same situation over and over again

thank you to all moderators who analyze my hand

and if I'm being a LAZY PEST just as Puciek called me. The moderator can tell me and I'll not be posting any hand anymore for analysis

***I made the money in this tournament

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#9)
Looks like I pinched a nerve there.

And yes, you are lazy. It's easy to come and post almost unlimited amounts of hands a day, anyone can do it. It takes 0 effort to do so. What not lazy people do is that they analyze hand themself FIRST, post their thoughts and what they have found on google.
Long long time ago I wrote a guideline (which is now a sticky by joe afaik [http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To <- they cut me from credits, i feel cheated ;P]) for hand posting. Hands posted that almost always get my personal, constructive, attention [and you do want that] because this shows me that you did put work into it. And this makes me want to be constructive and help you.

But when people come here, didn't bother to even name their topic to represent anything related to the hand not to mention put any content it. I meh over it, eventually throw a cheap shot and that's about it.

Last edited by Puciek; Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 05:59 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 08:11 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Looks like I pinched a nerve there.

And yes, you are lazy. It's easy to come and post almost unlimited amounts of hands a day, anyone can do it. It takes 0 effort to do so. What not lazy people do is that they analyze hand themself FIRST, post their thoughts and what they have found on google.
Long long time ago I wrote a guideline (which is now a sticky by joe afaik [http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To <- they cut me from credits, i feel cheated ;P]) for hand posting. Hands posted that almost always get my personal, constructive, attention [and you do want that] because this shows me that you did put work into it. And this makes me want to be constructive and help you.

But when people come here, didn't bother to even name their topic to represent anything related to the hand not to mention put any content it. I meh over it, eventually throw a cheap shot and that's about it.
Now, I understand your comments about me. I'm not hurt anymore in fact I'm

Yes, I want to know if my play is right or wrong because I want to improve my game. It's not like I did not study this hand before I posted it here. I just didn't put the info first because I want to know what the analyzer will do first then from there I will analyze again then try to share information not only that I can learn from this but also other members too.

Reading books will help your game but of course it's so different when your in that hand.

Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation. But if you think of the blinds, the structure and you think you will get lucky sometimes you can do your own play rather than follow the starting chart hands.

Ok I'm done here, move on to the next hand

still got the $215Sunday Ten million to prepare for.

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation.
There are situations where the cards you hold are immaterial. But these do not come up frequently. Playing the player or the situation occurs and learning to recognize when is a part of one's growth. A tendency I had when I first started to try to exploit some of these was to see them with what turned out to be wishful thinking. As you make a few mis-reads you will learn and hopefully find the niche these exploits belong to.

Old
More to consider than just EV - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:

can i make a weak call?

or just let him walk?
Poker is a game of incomplete info. We gain info by many means – observation is just one way. Too many players misuse the info they have. One of the pieces of info that’s quite important, and mostly over looked by some players, is the information your opponent may be using against you. I’m guilty of not including my stats when I submit a hand. The problem is that HM1 doesn’t breakdown my session stats. But, I should at least let the forum know what kind of style I was playing, what hands went to SD, and if my opponents are thinking players, donks, or somewhere in between. There is zero external information in your post. Your follow-up analysis (with info we don't have), doesn't help us help you at this moment. All the info we have, is position, stack sizes, pot size, and that you're in a BvB AI situation, last to act.

What I do know is that there is 725 in dead money, you need to put in 1670 to call. You need to have 41-42% equity to make this a 0EV call. But, even if you have a 0EV call, should you make it? There are a lot of factors to consider, stack sizes; where’s the bubble; what you want from this tourney; dynamics of the table; are you the weakest or strongest player at this table, or in fact in this tourney; how long before the table breaks down; type of tourney; speed of tourney; your opponents image; your image; opponents range vs stack size; etc.. You should have the answers to these questions, before you are faced with tough decisions, it might make them easier. The chips you lose are always more valuable then the chips you win. It isn’t always as simple as EV. At the moment you have a 22BB stack, awkward at best, but, if you lose you will be in the ‘push/fold’ range. Knowing what I know, or better yet, not knowing what I know about your hand, I would fold.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 03:02 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_spadez1 View Post
Poker is a game of incomplete info. We gain info by many means – observation is just one way. Too many players misuse the info they have. One of the pieces of info that’s quite important, and mostly over looked by some players, is the information your opponent may be using against you. I’m guilty of not including my stats when I submit a hand. The problem is that HM1 doesn’t breakdown my session stats. But, I should at least let the forum know what kind of style I was playing, what hands went to SD, and if my opponents are thinking players, donks, or somewhere in between. There is zero external information in your post. Your follow-up analysis (with info we don't have), doesn't help us help you at this moment. All the info we have, is position, stack sizes, pot size, and that you're in a BvB AI situation, last to act.

What I do know is that there is 725 in dead money, you need to put in 1670 to call. You need to have 41-42% equity to make this a 0EV call. But, even if you have a 0EV call, should you make it? There are a lot of factors to consider, stack sizes; where’s the bubble; what you want from this tourney; dynamics of the table; are you the weakest or strongest player at this table, or in fact in this tourney; how long before the table breaks down; type of tourney; speed of tourney; your opponents image; your image; opponents range vs stack size; etc.. You should have the answers to these questions, before you are faced with tough decisions, it might make them easier. The chips you lose are always more valuable then the chips you win. It isn’t always as simple as EV. At the moment you have a 22BB stack, awkward at best, but, if you lose you will be in the ‘push/fold’ range. Knowing what I know, or better yet, not knowing what I know about your hand, I would fold.

thank you so much for your analysis.

i don't use HUD do you think to improve my game I should be getting one?

to be honest I don't like to look at all those numbers, i feel like I'll be just using that information rather than look at what the action is.

I tried using HUD then I noticed that I don't pay attention to the tables because why do I need to do it. I already have all the information.

is HUD allowed in pokerstars? I got warned using this by pokerstars support one time that's why I don't use it anymore.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 03:10 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Now, I understand your comments about me. I'm not hurt anymore in fact I'm

Yes, I want to know if my play is right or wrong because I want to improve my game. It's not like I did not study this hand before I posted it here. I just didn't put the info first because I want to know what the analyzer will do first then from there I will analyze again then try to share information not only that I can learn from this but also other members too.

Reading books will help your game but of course it's so different when your in that hand.

Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation. But if you think of the blinds, the structure and you think you will get lucky sometimes you can do your own play rather than follow the starting chart hands.

Ok I'm done here, move on to the next hand

still got the $215Sunday Ten million to prepare for.
You worry about your learning as it is in r&d stage, then 'help' others learn.

Yes there are spots where calling with Q4o is right, heck there are spots when 5-betting with 27o is very right (and i played many of those) BUT those are advanced spots. You don't know the basics, you didn't even come close to mastering your ABC yet, and you try to make some fancy plays. Results of that is always the same, and it ain't pretty.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:14 AM
(#15)
Your very much correct.

I'm so far to be advanced. I need to be basic.

Fold trash hands play premium hands don't be cocky. I need to just play ABC to be in the money first before allowing myself to win it all. No shortcut.

I'm so into winning it all that I tend to gamble so much even when I'm not in the money even when that winning those hands don't guarantee me to be in the Final Table.

Just like the other game I'm so close in the money like 4 players to go with 20+bb's and I'm sure if I just fold every hand I will make the money. But forgot the ABC of poker then try to be Pro and your right the results aint pretty.

this is the hand I'm talking about.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for....4-180-man-sng

The Lazy Pest will win it

ONE TIME BIG TIME

for all my teachers and you included. I will make you proud.

very very soon. I'm working hard and I know I'm improving everyday.

Old
Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:57 AM
(#16)
You are aware that poker is not about winning it one time big time? This is what lottery is about, poker is about constant results.

Old
YW - Links to HUD and Note Taking videos - Wed Dec 14, 2011, 10:59 AM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
thank you so much for your analysis.

i don't use HUD do you think to improve my game I should be getting one?

to be honest I don't like to look at all those numbers, i feel like I'll be just using that information rather than look at what the action is.

I tried using HUD then I noticed that I don't pay attention to the tables because why do I need to do it. I already have all the information.

is HUD allowed in pokerstars? I got warned using this by pokerstars support one time that's why I don't use it anymore.
A HUD is an invaluable tool. If you use it correctly, it will definitely improve your game. Not only does the software keep track of everyone’s info and tendencies, but it also provides a database for you to review. You can review how you play certain problem hands. It gives you stats for, every position, PF situations, hole cards dealt, hand groupings (suited; pp, gapers, connectors, etc.). It will show you leaks in your game, but you’ll have to know what you’re looking for (see link below). You can analyze how a particular opponent plays his hand, by filtering all of the hands he’s played. You can filter to select the hands that he went to SD, and see exactly how he bet throughout the entire hand. Then you can make useful notes that will be available to you the next time you meet. Here’s a link to a very useful PS video on using a HUD: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Self-Analysis

If you feel overwhelmed by too much info, set-up the HUD for just the basic info. You can set the stat lines to help eliminate confusion. Example: line one, stack size and # of hands dealt - line two, PF action – line three, post flop action – line four, steal attempts, and hands that went to SD. Mousing over the stats, brings up a pop-up window that displays related detailed info. When you’re multi-tabling, there is no way to follow all the tables; the HUD will assist you. Don’t get lazy by depending on the HUD. You have to pay particular attention to big pot hands, hands that went to SD, and IP stabs, just to mention a few. Take notes on how players played them, what they’re calling with, or raising with. There is a very valuable PS video on taking effective notes. Here’s the link: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ve-Note-Taking

HUD’s are allowed on PS. It’s such a small investment to make, relative to the amount of money you can make by improving your game. Everything is dependent on your willingness to learn, and improve your game.

Good luck at the tables!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com