Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

How would you react ?

Old
How would you react ? - Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Would you slow down second hand ? Change gears ?
I think that I made the right decision, even he kicked me out

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
1st hand is standard limpfest, i didn't want to gamble, so I checked flop, and decided to make a move on turn, even the board was "wet".

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Very next hand

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 06:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hand #1:

If you checked to pot control, then you should have stuck to that line tbh...

All your jam is likely to do is get called by better and fold out worse when that 9 comes. The slow play is fine, if a bit risky, after you flop the trips, but when the risk comes to fruition with a 3rd straight card, your jam is a bit risky.

I would not necessarily have a problem with a SMALLER raise for value, but a jam is a bit too risky and value owning. It really took a big mistake by the villain to pay you off...

The 2nd hand, 30BB is a marginal shove on AK here; it is not TERRIBLE, but your stack is just a little bit too large. If you had like 25BB, I'd like it a lot more. You could have either flatted to play fit or fold, OR jam over the raise on your newly built stack. Realistically, the result probably doesn't change much, as you did flop top top, but for the times you miss the flop and the villain has a mid pp, you really would rather be invested less after building your stack.

As played though, you got in as a big favorite, but he ran you down. That happens.

Last edited by JDean; Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 06:07 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 13, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Thanks for the analysis

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com